Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:19 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post

Honestly, I think learning about drinking when younger (and not rebelling while away and getting pass-out drunk because you've never done it before) prevents this sort of thing.
This philosophy is fostered in the European model, and it happens to work. The U.S., in many aspects, is an immature society. Our federal government, a pervasive nanny state, thinks their public service messages are a way to influence and modify behavior by using threatening language. These messages backfire, and lead to rebellion and abuse.

When I was in the Czech Republic, I saw people inbibing near street carts with dumplings and beef on the way to work in the morning. These responsible people were not abusing alcohol, it was just another beverage of choice to have en route to work. That wouldn't fly in this country, it never has, and never will. Speaking for myself, I couldn't nor would I want to have a drink in the morning on the way to work, but to each his or her own.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
as I said earlier....God help us all as the entire point is escaping many.

Bottom line is THEY BROKE THE LAW and therefore must pay the piper.....I don't exactly agree with the drinking age but for now that's the law

Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 PM

717 posts, read 773,633 times
Quote:
It is when you do it safely when you don't plan on leaving... so drive drunk and don't stay with other kids, or you'll get caught!

Seems like the lesson they are teaching to me...
Round em up!! humiliate them-

When is America going to learn the less the government interferes with our private lives the better off we are?

This is a blatant attempt to generate revenue. Thats it. There was no other motive to go get a warrant to enter this property. NONE!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:23 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Speaking for myself, I couldn't nor would I want to have a drink in the morning on the way to work, but to each his or her own.
Ack! Me neither. Lunch is the first opportunity imho (on weekends with a burger, or while I'm outside working on the house when its hot). But yes, I agree entirely, we are an immature country that makes too much out of nothing, and creates problems as a result. Its why I don't like having so many laws on the books...

Old 06-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
It is when you do it safely when you don't plan on leaving... so drive drunk and don't stay with other kids, or you'll get caught!

Seems like the lesson they are teaching to me...
your kind of logic totally escapes me for sure

Old 06-03-2008, 12:24 PM

717 posts, read 773,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
This philosophy is fostered in the European model, and it happens to work. The U.S., in many aspects, is an immature society. Our federal government, a pervasive nanny state, thinks their public service messages are a way to influence and modify behavior by using threatening language. These messages backfire, and lead to rebellion and abuse.

When I was in the Czech Republic, I saw people inbibing near street carts with dumplings and beef on the way to work in the morning. These responsible people were not abusing alcohol, it was just another beverage of choice to have en route to work. That wouldn't fly in this country, it never has, and never will. Speaking for myself, I couldn't nor would I want to have a drink in the morning on the way to work, but to each his or her own.
In Italy there is a bottle of wine on EVERY Table EVERY NIGHT. That is their cola or iced tea. There is no such thing as keggers over there. The kids are taught to be responsible by their family not the Government.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
as I said earlier....God help us all as the entire point is escaping many.

Bottom line is THEY BROKE THE LAW and therefore must pay the piper.....I don't exactly agree with the drinking age but for now that's the law
I break laws in protest. Done it before, I'll do it again. I've done it in front of cops, I've told cops right before I've done it. *shrug*

If you don't do something to protest it (writing a letter is near meaningless nowadays, lord knows I've written enough), it won't change. So, to me, its not the point.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Round em up!! humiliate them-

When is America going to learn the less the government interferes with our private lives the better off we are?

This is a blatant attempt to generate revenue. Thats it. There was no other motive to go get a warrant to enter this property. NONE!
and when you are out at your favorite pub an someone lights up a ciggie your reaction is WHAT exactly...would you complain or ignore because after all there are to many laws on the books???

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
your kind of logic totally escapes me for sure
These teenagers implemented a safe drinking plan for weekend partying. They got caught because they were all in the same place all weekend.

As a teenager, who is going to drink anyways, whats the lesson you learn? Drink, then leave before the cops get there!

259 posts, read 925,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
No it isn't! They broke the law! 21 means 21! A blatant attempt to generate revenue is a cop that sits at a stop sign that is constantly run by motorists and pulls over anyone that doesn't stop for three seconds. This debate is pointless. Until the drinking age is lowered to 18 (which it never will) then it's illegal. AJGiants, do you have kids? If so, you let them drink underage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey