U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:32 AM

3,880 posts, read 2,832,705 times

Advertisements

Had 2 very good experiences at RWJ Pediatric Center in New Brunswick. Lots of attentive nurses and doctors and the facilities were top-notch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 03:35 PM

496 posts, read 487,413 times
I love St. Joe's, both the Children's Hospital (unfortunate situation with my late daughter) and the adult division. The staff are warm and fuzzy and super-knowledgable. Although they have grown a lot over the years, they have never abandoned their mission for truly "caring" for people. Somehow it doesn't feel like "big business" there yet....and I hope it never does.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:10 PM

52 posts, read 64,445 times
If it's not anything to major NJ has some decent hospitals. If it's anything serious, my advice is to go straight to NYC. NYU Medical Center is wonderful and so is Columbia Pres.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,148 times
Stay away from capital health of hopewell!!!!!!!!
Spoke to plenty of nurses and patients there and im shocked!! Way to much to write!!

Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 AM

251 posts, read 471,254 times
I was just admitted to Jersey City Medical Center and my nurse, he was awesome most attentive, caring, compassionate. His name started with M something but I had my laptop with me and he is on their website as a winner of an award so I was very happy. There were other nurses who spoke filipino only but that one nurse, I called him Mr. M made up for everything else - he was just an angel.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 AM

319 posts, read 548,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGLIVE View Post
Stay away from capital health of hopewell!!!!!!!!
Spoke to plenty of nurses and patients there and im shocked!! Way to much to write!!
Don't know about any other part of the hospital but they are one of the best hospitals for having a baby. Having had 3 kids in 3 different NJ hospitals, they were definitely the best as far as being respectful and helping me have a nice normal birth.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:38 PM

496 posts, read 487,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
I was just admitted to Jersey City Medical Center and my nurse, he was awesome most attentive, caring, compassionate. His name started with M something but I had my laptop with me and he is on their website as a winner of an award so I was very happy. There were other nurses who spoke filipino only but that one nurse, I called him Mr. M made up for everything else - he was just an angel.
As long as you have a wonderful nurse, you will have a great experience. Thank goodness for nurses!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 992 times
Default I have never had to deal with such air heads.

My Mother was admitted in community medical center in toms river nj. After going to emergency room for chest pains, I stayed with her the the entire day they preformed test and stated that everthing was negative, she was fine up and chatting and in very good spirits before I left, they wanted to keep her for observation overnite, I returned the next morning at 9:00 am, they did a procedture without me being there, a heart catharization, she informed that she told them she had been vomiting and had a terrible headach before they took her down stairs, my mother is a senior but not elderly, shes in her early 70,s and very active and sharp. When I walked in the recovery room, my mother look like she was a 100. she was bloted and her skin color was grey, I have never been so scared in my life I was in shock, and it was no one knew anything like it always is in this place.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 PM

2,100 posts, read 1,257,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lov403 View Post
Couldn't agree more...when my father had a heart attack the attending ER dr recommended he have his surgery at St. Michael's. When I attended Rutgers-Newark, St. Michael's seemed so dumpy, but its really changed. They really were so nice and over all very caring.

I think St. Barnabas is pretty good as well and Trinitas is OK (original hospital were I took my dad for heart pain/heart attack) preferred it when it was St. Elizabeth's.

Morristown Hospital I'm unfamiliar with but my friend's mom went there last year and they sent her home with a diagnosis of pnuemonia and she died 2 days later.
Happened to a friend of mine's Dad at Mo-town memorial as well but he also checked himself out

Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 PM

3,880 posts, read 2,832,705 times
Meadowlands Hospital is the biggest dump I've ever had the displeasure of being treated at. I would've trusted a tipsy Hawkeye Pierce and a MASH unit over this place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey