Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighvz View Post
Hello! I am a mid 50's woman looking to live in NJ but commute daily to NYC for work. Does anyone know of a good, safe neighborhood within reasonable commuting distance with a solid conservative community? I rely on public transportation. Thanks!
Fair Lawn. Since you chose to resurrect this thread, I'm assuming you mean "Conservative" as in Jewish and not as in politics.

Fair Lawn has two trains stations on the Bergen County line plus bus services. The town is family oriented and very safe, and the percentage used to be said to be 65% Jewish. Not sure what it is now, but there are kosher stores and restaurants and an active Jewish community, both Orthodox and Conservative.

Depending upon where you work in Manhattan, you can be there in an hour or so, maybe even a little less. There are express trains from the Radburn station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 11:13 AM

91 posts, read 375,809 times
West Orange has a large conservative Jewish population. There are buses into the city and a jitney to the local train at many of the condos in West Orange.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:33 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,134 times
Livingston (AKA: livingstein), Tennefly, Millburn, West Orange, Highland Park, Toms River.

NJ is a pretty Jewish state. IIRC, 2nd most Jewish in the US after NY. No matter where you are in North Jersey, there is a significant Jewish population in most municipalities.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 895 times
Default 2 Bedroom 3 floor Townhome in New Brunswick, NJ near Highland Park for rent off corner George Street/Commercial Avenue

2 Bedroom 3 floor Townhome in New Brunswick, NJ near Highland Park
available to rent off the corner of George Street and Commercial Avenue

Hi,

My name is Sam...

I recently put up my Townhome in December for rent.
I live out of the area so my Brother Jack who lives in Skillman is handling meeting prospective renters...

I was raised in Jackson, NJ and my family is Jewish and still there and thought it would be nice to see if anyone in the community would be interested.

If interested or know of anyone who may be please go to:

[url]https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/townhouse_type/39105128_zpid/2-_beds/1_pets/40.49967,-74.426344,40.473787,-74.45381_rect/14_zm/?view=public[/url]

Last edited by saaron; 01-04-2018 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: More details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey