Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 5,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeZaber View Post
yep thats my grandparent's place!
I worked at zabereres 1980-81-82
Have some great pictures of your grandmother when we one the Wildwood softball championship in 81 she came to the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 06:41 PM

255 posts, read 533,704 times
I first went to the "Anglesea" (wildwood) Zabereer's for a wedding in 1962.
I was 11 and had a great time. I loved that place. First place where i had twice baked potatoes. Yum!
The Shamrock was fun, too.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:02 AM

5 posts, read 40,437 times
Can anyone name waiters or waitresses names in summer of '73. I had time of my life iin Wildwood at Ed Zaberer's Restaurant. Wild kitchen, owner and wife at corner table, son, kids having a ball, lots of dining rooms, Xmas lights, lines to get in.

Last edited by dwmiddle; 01-24-2011 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: Added more

Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,561 times
zaberes was a great treat when i was a kid the prime rib still have me spoiled i order one now and recieve a thin strip of meat or a beer in a cup size but i use to get them zaberized and wow what a difference how i miss them

Old 05-22-2011, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,382 times
I worked at the Zaberer's Restaurant out side of Atlantic City on Black Horse Pike in the mid 60's. A couple of my fraternity brothers, Paul and Tom and I worked as bus boys one summer when we were in college. We made some great money from tips the waitresses shared with us. If I remember the race track was nearby and the restuarant got a lot of business from the track. We were always busy durning the week and on the weekends. When the waitress put the bread basket on the table there were oven fresh 'Sticky Buns" that were delicious. I also remember that every night a different drink was featured and every adult at every table got a complimentary cocktail, glass of wine or beer. One night the complimentary drink might be a whiskey sour, the next night it might be a glass of wine, the next night it might be a bottle of beer, the next night it might be a daiquiri, the next night it might be a margarita. Not every customer would drink their complimentary beverage. As bus boys we'd bus the table and take the tray back to the kitchen to be emptied and washed. We'd hold the full cocktail glasses up to the light and turn it to see if there were lips prints on the rim of the glass ... if there weren't any lips prints we'd drink it. We were always happy. Some nights we'd pour enough wine back into empty bottles that we'd walk out of the restaurant after work with several bottles of wine. It was a fun place to work and great restaurant. For a time I also worked at Captain Starnes in Atlantic City ...anyone remember that restaurant?

Old 07-03-2011, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,288 times
I know charlies place was on black horse pike. Does anyone know what is currently on that site? What is the nearest cross street?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:39 AM

203 posts, read 474,411 times
My mom, my brothers and I all worked at Ed Zaberer's in Anglesea. My mom eventually became the manager. Not sure how long she worked there but was a waitress for many years and then the manager until it was closed by the new NY owners. My brothers and I worked there as bus boys and made plenty of spending cash. Shame when they closed it. Then after an auction, the arsonist(s) struck. Case has never been solved. Was a shame. Loved going there as a kid.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:51 AM

22,379 posts, read 38,678,927 times
Wasn't it in Anglesea, oh yeah does anyone remember anglesea?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,784,270 times
Wow, I'm so happy this thread is still alive. It's the first post I ever made on C-D back in June 08!

Old 12-27-2012, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 7,246 times
Thumbs up Zaberers was a great place!

I was a young adult back when I went. What fun it was to go there! The different food stations and you could meander through the different rooms. We need a new Zaberers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia