Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 06:32 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,307,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have yet to see one this season and GOOD RIDDANCE! What a dumb tradition...this highschool drop-out driving around, burning gasoline and contributing to global warming in an effort to sell overpriced junk food FILLED with sugar to a bunch of kids, knowing good and well that childhood obesity is an epidemic in this country.

With gas prices the way they are, maybe the annoyance that is that stupid ice cream jingle will finally go away as those loosers get real jobs and stop wasting precious diesel and the little brats who frequent them do something else with that $1.50 which, btw, is the average weekly wage in most poor countries.

Last edited by lammius; 06-13-2008 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 05:13 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
The ice cream truck came by this evening. They often skip my dead end street, but tonight I was in luck.

YouTube - the ice cream truck song

Old 07-10-2009, 05:28 PM

390 posts, read 1,510,361 times
One enters my neighborhood. $2.50 for a cone!? I remember as a kid buying one for 15 cents.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:46 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,767,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBone View Post
One enters my neighborhood. $2.50 for a cone!? I remember as a kid buying one for 15 cents.
its not 1937 anymore Fbone

Ice Cream trucks come by my house fairly often. lots of kids are usually outside playing on my street.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:54 PM

380 posts, read 709,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have yet to see one this season and GOOD RIDDANCE! What a dumb tradition...this highschool drop-out driving around, burning gasoline and contributing to global warming in an effort to sell overpriced junk food FILLED with sugar to a bunch of kids, knowing good and well that childhood obesity is an epidemic in this country.

With gas prices the way they are, maybe the annoyance that is that stupid ice cream jingle will finally go away as those loosers get real jobs and stop wasting precious diesel and the little brats who frequent them do something else with that $1.50 which, btw, is the average weekly wage in most poor countries.
You sound like this hostile miserable old man that used to live by my grandmother's house. An ice-cream truck used to come and stop at the corner every night in the summer. All the kids would line up by the truck that always stopped in front of his lawn and he used to go nuts because we all walked across his grass.
What's wrong with you, man? Kids like ice-cream in the summer. And...
Why should all people that have unskilled jobs leave them and "get real jobs?"

Because if that happened..................
Who would ring up your enema purchase at shoprite?
Who would ring up your purchase of adult diapers at the drug store?
Who would show you what isle the denture glue was moved to?
Who would pluck out the forest of hair growing out of your ears?
Who would sell you the black socks you use pulled up to your knees when you wear shorts?
Who would do it?

Old 07-10-2009, 06:06 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Mr. Softee comes by every evening from early spring to late fall.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:16 PM

131 posts, read 420,181 times
Came through my parent's neighborhood a lot last weekend, but not where I live. My parents live in a mostly suburban neighborhood though, and I live in an area filled with apartments.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:13 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Mr. Softee comes by every evening from early spring to late fall.
That's a little more personal information than we needed.....

Old 07-12-2009, 06:45 AM

162 posts, read 546,241 times
We also get 2 trucks here in Fanwood. We live 1 block from the park so they're pretty loud but my 5 yr old loves them but he doesn't care for ice cream

Old 07-13-2009, 11:26 AM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Because if that happened..................
Who would ring up your enema purchase at shoprite?
Who would ring up your purchase of adult diapers at the drug store?
Who would show you what isle the denture glue was moved to?
Who would pluck out the forest of hair growing out of your ears?
Who would sell you the black socks you use pulled up to your knees when you wear shorts?
Who would do it?

Don't DO that when I'm eating a messy slice of pizza!!!!

My BIL went to college in Chicago. He said one of his friends always had money and when he asked him about it, the guy told him he had an ice cream truck root. So Dave got a route, in a well-to-do neighborhood, but no one ever came out. He talked to his friend again, and the guy said, "Uh-uh, you have to get a route in the ghetto. That's where you make the money. Once a month or so you WILL get robbed, so just hand over the cash, but you'll still come out ahead."

So Dave did, and he made money, and yup, he got robbed about once a month. The cost of doing business.

I just moved to a different town and I can HEAR the ice cream truck playing "Music Box Dancer" but I haven't actually seen it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey