Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 10:55 AM

30 posts, read 131,248 times

Advertisements

Our new house will be ready in another 3 months. We were able to get one of the left-out homes from KHov's deal of the century in chesterfield. (80k off the base price when I use Khov mortgage). Lot premium was 5k. We signed the contract during Feb 3rd week.

Advice/suggestions needed from senior members on the closing.

1) Should I ask them more discount ? (This was one of the cheapest lot when we signed the contract. Now they have 0$ lot too.)
2) I've got the mortgage comimtment letter with conditions. Though all the conditions are OK to me, should I consult with a lawyer before signing it.
3) what is Khov friends and family coupon. is it $ off on top of these discounts ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,021 times
Default Khov friends and family coupon

Yes. It is $ off on top of those discounts. I have one for sale if you're interested worth $5K. Please let me know if you're interested.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:03 PM

11,292 posts, read 16,573,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnssf View Post
Our new house will be ready in another 3 months. We were able to get one of the left-out homes from KHov's deal of the century in chesterfield. (80k off the base price when I use Khov mortgage). Lot premium was 5k. We signed the contract during Feb 3rd week.

1) Should I ask them more discount ? (This was one of the cheapest lot when we signed the contract. Now they have 0$ lot too.)
2) I've got the mortgage comimtment letter with conditions. Though all the conditions are OK to me, should I consult with a lawyer before signing it.
3) what is Khov friends and family coupon. is it $ off on top of these discounts ?
I wouldn't do anything in this area without consulting an attorney.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:02 AM

23,790 posts, read 33,254,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnssf View Post

Chances are they won't give you any more money off. Get the attorney, you can also have them try, but builders usually won't; especially since they are out to make money.

Make sure you get an inspector.
Also make sure you look at every inch of the house before closing and have your attorney ask for escrow money in case things are found and they won't repair. I wish we did this.

I have a post else where, DM me if you'd like the link, I list things we found on move in that we did not catch on our walk through (power was out). Then there are stupid things like the double doors aren't consistent; some open left handed while others open right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey