Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:19 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
People, People, calm down, it's all about economics. Employers who hire illegals do it because #1 to have a larger margin of profit, #2 it's so much cheaper to pay an illegal who's willing to work for minimal if not below wages in order for the so called employer to remain in business, i.e. when any homeowner is pricing out a home renovation job and they get multiple offers and you see the price range discrepancy say from 4k to 8k, why do you think that is? and by the way when you finally hire the contractor and he shows up w/ day laborers who hang out at your local home depot, do you tell him, "Oh no, I'm not hiring you, take your quote and your day laborers away?" no, I don't think so.
How about big business cooking the books and raiding hard working Americans pensions funds? That is about economics too. It is also wrong and against the law, just like hiring illegal aliens is. The difference is if a corporate big wig makes $$ off of cooking the books that is horrible, terrible and he may go to jail and there is huge public outrage(and rightfully so). With hiring illegals, it is the same thing-cheating for profit. Where is the outrage for that? Americans are hurt in both instances by cheating and breaking the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 12:26 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,928 times
Well they ARE a problem but only one part of it. The US not enforcing temporary visas, not punishing companies for hiring people "under the table" regardless of their nationality, giving federal money to states and cities that look the other way, having government sponsored programs that do not check for identity or immigration status (there is a hospital in TX that is said to have spent over 1 billion in fed money paying for undocumented women to have children-there is no mention to their nationality, just undocumented) not allowing all police agencies to have the ability to check residency status, these are ALL part of the same big problem.

Having said that, I think there should be some sort of very stringent amnesty program. Your here, fine. You wanna stay here? You have to proove you were never charged with any crimes, ANY!!! You have to pay $2-3k for every year you have been here illegally. You cant do that? You can affford it? Ok, good bye. Oh your daughter was born here? She can stay, you cant. Oh shes too young? Sucks to be her, take her with you. Goodbye.

Basically we need to allow those who are here for the best intentions to remain here and contribute to society. We need to get rid of any and all riffraff. And we need to make it as reasonably difficult as we can to dissuade others from trying to come here illegally and balk the system.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:28 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
People, People, calm down, it's all about economics. Employers who hire illegals do it because #1 to have a larger margin of profit, #2 it's so much cheaper to pay an illegal who's willing to work for minimal if not below wages in order for the so called employer to remain in business, i.e. when any homeowner is pricing out a home renovation job and they get multiple offers and you see the price range discrepancy say from 4k to 8k, why do you think that is? and by the way when you finally hire the contractor and he shows up w/ day laborers who hang out at your local home depot, do you tell him, "Oh no, I'm not hiring you, take your quote and your day laborers away?" no, I don't think so.
I've had a few home renovations in the last few years and have not used illegals...all local contractors..know every one of them and their crew and if one dared to show up with an illegal I most certainly would tell him to hit the road.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
Well they ARE a problem but only one part of it. The US not enforcing temporary visas, not punishing companies for hiring people "under the table" regardless of their nationality, giving federal money to states and cities that look the other way, having government sponsored programs that do not check for identity or immigration status (there is a hospital in TX that is said to have spent over 1 billion in fed money paying for undocumented women to have children-there is no mention to their nationality, just undocumented) not allowing all police agencies to have the ability to check residency status, these are ALL part of the same big problem.

Having said that, I think there should be some sort of very stringent amnesty program. Your here, fine. You wanna stay here? You have to proove you were never charged with any crimes, ANY!!! You have to pay $2-3k for every year you have been here illegally. You cant do that? You can affford it? Ok, good bye. Oh your daughter was born here? She can stay, you cant. Oh shes too young? Sucks to be her, take her with you. Goodbye.

Basically we need to allow those who are here for the best intentions to remain here and contribute to society. We need to get rid of any and all riffraff. And we need to make it as reasonably difficult as we can to dissuade others from trying to come here illegally and balk the system.
I agree except for the bolded part as that will just encourage others to repeat and repeat if they think amnesty will be a possibility.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:34 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I've had a few home renovations in the last few years and have not used illegals...all local contractors..know every one of them and their crew and if one dared to show up with an illegal I most certainly would tell him to hit the road.
I applaud you for your level of integrity and character, unfortunately I have a feeling that you're in the minority who do that.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:39 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post

Amnesty just begets more amnesty. With the 1986 amnesty-we granted a few million amnesty. We were promised-by dems and repubs alike-that there would never be a need for another amnesty. We were promised secure borders, E-verify, etc. These were promises that were made to the American people who were against amnesty but may have accepted it because they were promised-secure borders and an end to illegal aliens. Well as politicians do-they lied. Now we are at 20-30 or even more million. We should have never had the 1986 amnesty-all that did was help to encourgage this mess. People think if they stick around long enough-they will eventually get amnesty.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I applaud you for your level of integrity and character, unfortunately I have a feeling that you're in the minority who do that.
I know I'm in the minority..sadly
People don't realize they think they are saving money, maybe up front they are but the long term nope because our tax dollars are going for medical, education, welfare , foodstamps for these people which to me is UNBELIEVABLE..when they show up at the welfare office they should be detained and INS called and deported.

To clarify....I have nothing aginst LEGAL, documented immigrants coming here for a better life

Old 06-24-2008, 12:45 PM

559 posts, read 1,356,419 times
Default What not to do

Don't bother calling Menendez or Lautenburg, they are all for illegals. Last week instead of deporting illegals, Menendez pushed for more comprehensive health care for detainees.

We are stuck with him for 5 more years.

A man that doesn't listen to the people he is supposed to represent cares more about illegals then Americans. I sent him the article about the Mother and daughter killed by a drunken, illegal, unlicensed driver and asked is this the kind of person we should spend a penny of tax dollars on other then a one way ticket back to where it climbed out of.............

Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Don't bother calling Menendez or Lautenburg, they are all for illegals. Last week instead of deporting illegals, Menendez pushed for more comprehensive health care for detainees.

We are stuck with him for 5 more years.

A man that doesn't listen to the people he is supposed to represent cares more about illegals then Americans. I sent him the article about the Mother and daughter killed by a drunken, illegal, unlicensed driver and asked is this the kind of person we should spend a penny of tax dollars on other then a one way ticket back to where it climbed out of.............

ok I can't stand that useless bum.....
Did he respond with his usual pre printed babble?

Old 06-24-2008, 12:56 PM

On a personal note a few years ago there was a young girl here from England interning at a company in Morristown for the summer..LEGALLY

On her way home one night, two filthy, dirty scum from Hondorus raped her..one held her down while the other raped her......thank goodness someone heard her screams and called the police

Now we get the pleasure of clothing, feeding & housing this vermin until their sentences are up and they are deported....of course they were ILLEGAL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey