U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 AM

12,949 posts, read 24,117,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I've been to Edinburgh many times but I've never been there during the festival - it's on my "Bucket List" : ) My partner's Dad is here visiting and he says that you have to order tickets as soon as they go on sale as they tend to sell out in 3 days!!! Might I recommend the underground haunted tour as well. I haven't done that yet either - tickets are typically sold out for at least a year : ( Hey...maybe we'll meet you there! I do know where all the good pubs are ; ) Oh and one more thing... no illegal latinos - too far a walk or swim for them to cross the border : ) Their issue is the Polish Illegals!!! See..it's everywhere!
Forgive my ignorance but is Scotland part of the EU? Is Poland a part of th EU as well? If so there's your answer....from what I hear better the poles then the problem Ireland has with the Roma gypsies...

Ok to keep on topic.....Scotland have as many lakes as Nj ( j/k)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 08:37 AM

7,577 posts, read 20,005,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Forgive my ignorance but is Scotland part of the EU? Is Poland a part of th EU as well? If so there's your answer....from what I hear better the poles then the problem Ireland has with the Roma gypsies...

Ok to keep on topic.....Scotland have as many lakes as Nj ( j/k)
Scotland is part of EU but it's Britian...like Canada and Mexico are parts of North America...they still have their own country : ) And no, Scotland has NO LAKES!!! They only have "LOCHS" : )) And lots of them! Maybe a trip up north to meet "nessie" is in order : ) Oh and word of warning...I hear Ireland is very expensive these days!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Scotland is part of EU but it's Britian...like Canada and Mexico are parts of North America...they still have their own country : ) And no, Scotland has NO LAKES!!! They only have "LOCHS" : )) And lots of them! Maybe a trip up north to meet "nessie" is in order : ) Oh and word of warning...I hear Ireland is very expensive these days!

Been to the Republic many times
Going to the North where me ancestors are from....want to see Giant's Causeway

Old 07-03-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Been to the Republic many times
Going to the North where me ancestors are from....want to see Giant's Causeway
How did I know your ancestors would be "fur the North" : ) Any IRA members in your clan : )) My Grandmother's side (Lynch) is from the North and My grandfather's side (Flaherty) is from the South. I hear that there's a bridge in galway that reads - Gaelic Translation: "Dear Lord delivery us from the ferosious(sp) O'Flahertys". Apparently we did some heavy fuedin' with the Burkes : ) I've never been to Ireland : ( But it too is on my "bucket list".

Old 07-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
How did I know your ancestors would be "fur the North" : ) Any IRA members in your clan : )) My Grandmother's side (Lynch) is from the North and My grandfather's side (Flaherty) is from the South. I hear that there's a bridge in galway that reads - Gaelic Translation: "Dear Lord delivery us from the ferosious(sp) O'Flahertys". Apparently we did some heavy fuedin' with the Burkes : ) I've never been to Ireland : ( But it too is on my "bucket list".

Huge difference in personality...North people more acerbic jmo based on my Grand Mother. Better wit for sure

Great place to visit

Old 07-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Huge difference in personality...North people more acerbic jmo based on my Grand Mother. Better wit for sure

Great place to visit
Oh no..complete opposite in my family - granny had almost no sense of humor!!! Huge Bible thumper whereas Grand da was a riot! My grandmother was slated to become a nun until she met my grand dad. Good thing otherwise I wouldn't have existed : ) I believe I inherited my grand dad's sense of humor : ). We'll enjoy and I will expect tons of photies to be posted in here when you get back...that is if we're all still here! I hear the world is suppose to end near the latter part of 2008....gulp!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Oh no..complete opposite in my family - granny had almost no sense of humor!!! Huge Bible thumper whereas Grand da was a riot! My grandmother was slated to become a nun until she met my grand dad. Good thing otherwise I wouldn't have existed : ) I believe I inherited my grand dad's sense of humor : ). We'll enjoy and I will expect tons of photies to be posted in here when you get back...that is if we're all still here! I hear the world is suppose to end near the latter part of 2008....gulp!
That's what I call my father.."DA"

Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
That's what I call my father.."DA"
Da and Ma : )) My Father called my mom Ma which was short for Marilyn (NO - MORSE IS NOT MY MA!) : )) We just use to repaet him and the Ma stuck : ) The grand kids call Da - pop pops.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:15 AM

128 posts, read 166,915 times
Default Moving to Morris

I would also avoid Wharton......school system isn't very good. You might want to check out Jefferson Twp. Depending on how old the home is, taxes can be reasonable.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:11 PM

526 posts, read 1,224,770 times
OK, lots of posts in this thread, but many are way off topic.

Morris County is a big county and you really cannot talk about the whole county as a good place or bad place to live as eastern part is very different then the western part.

One thing to note is that the towns that are on the train line (Morristown, Morris Twp. Madison, Chatham) and are considered to be commutable distance to NYC are doing better real estate value wise, and are very likely to do better going into the future as people pass on long commutes by car and when they can prefer to use the train. This has been very true with gas between $3 and $4 a gallon, and will be so much more true as gas hits $5 a gallon and even $6 a gallon.

Just watch what happens to real estate values in Western Morris County when Gas hits $6 a gallon, I predict big problems then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or