U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2008, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Here but I spend time There.
1,972 posts, read 4,820,654 times
Reputation: 556

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I've been to Key West... nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. It's one thing to be G/L friendly but it's another the be G/L safe! Florida does not recognized g/l marriages...nor do most of the southern bible belt States. One of the other reasons we decided agianst moving to GA. Besides..who wants to live with a bunch of Gs and L's... way too much drama!!! LOL : )

Well, all I know is that I had a great time down there, nothing like having a table full of Lesbians sitting next to me but that's just my perverted mind. We have plenty of gay friends, my wife's best friend is Gay and we all know about the drama but I tell you, gay people sure do know how to have fun LOL and oh yes, they're great for Property value, usually the best kept homes are owned by G/L's. Screw the Southern states (figureratively*sp) of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,985,580 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Well, all I know is that I had a great time down there, nothing like having a table full of Lesbians sitting next to me but that's just my perverted mind. We have plenty of gay friends, my wife's best friend is Gay and we all know about the drama but I tell you, gay people sure do know how to have fun LOL and oh yes, they're great for Property value, usually the best kept homes are owned by G/L's. Screw the Southern states (figureratively*sp) of course.
LOL..such a perv!! : ))) It does seem though that all the best vacation spots are predominantly inhabited gays! Provincetown..Fire Island..the Hampton..Key West... Rehobeth.... we do like to have fun! I guess when your already slated for eternity in hell... why not enjoy yourself while you're here : ))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 32,119,542 times
Reputation: 3519
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
LOL..such a perv!! : ))) It does seem though that all the best vacation spots are predominantly inhabited gays! Provincetown..Fire Island..the Hampton..Key West... Rehobeth.... we do like to have fun! I guess when your already slated for eternity in hell... why not enjoy yourself while you're here : ))
That's right- now repent, sinner!!! lol

BTW- if you think NJ is buggy, you really don't want to consider Savannah, unless you own stock in Skin So Soft......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,985,580 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
That's right- now repent, sinner!!! lol

BTW- if you think NJ is buggy, you really don't want to consider Savannah, unless you own stock in Skin So Soft......
I repent..I repent..now can I come to GA? LOL I see you're still upset over the insect insults...it's ok Bob, our insects are considering relocating down south as they can't handle the taxes in NJ anymore : ))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 08:04 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 32,119,542 times
Reputation: 3519
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I repent..I repent..now can I come to GA? LOL I see you're still upset over the insect insults...it's ok Bob, our insects are considering relocating down south as they can't handle the taxes in NJ anymore : ))
Me, upset? Nah- not in the least. I'm glad you mentioned the NJ bugs moving south, though- I'd seen a few mal-formed mosquitos recently, and now I know where they're from......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
1,369 posts, read 4,141,215 times
Reputation: 672
Alex,
I know what area you are talking about and yes, I agree those homes are beauties. What the hell do I know, I live in a ranch, circa 1980

My ex-roommate and I used to play a game called Fantasy Island. We shared a flat in San Francisco and he and I would get the Sotheby's auction magazine and pick out what homes we would buy if we won the lotto that night.

He is still my best (well, hubby does come first) friend in the world. He would help me pick out outfits for my dates because I had the fashion sense of a cantaloupe. LOL!

I need to call him but I don't think he'd appreciate a call right NOW as it is only 7am there.

Shanny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,985,580 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Me, upset? Nah- not in the least. I'm glad you mentioned the NJ bugs moving south, though- I'd seen a few mal-formed mosquitos recently, and now I know where they're from......
They're not malformed... it's just their "bling, bling"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Here but I spend time There.
1,972 posts, read 4,820,654 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Alex,
I know what area you are talking about and yes, I agree those homes are beauties. What the hell do I know, I live in a ranch, circa 1980

My ex-roommate and I used to play a game called Fantasy Island. We shared a flat in San Francisco and he and I would get the Sotheby's auction magazine and pick out what homes we would buy if we won the lotto that night.

He is still my best (well, hubby does come first) friend in the world. He would help me pick out outfits for my dates because I had the fashion sense of a cantaloupe. LOL!

I need to call him but I don't think he'd appreciate a call right NOW as it is only 7am there.

Shanny
Go ahead, call him, I'm sure he'll appreciate to hear from you so early in the am. I do that to my family & friends all the time just to bust their chops. Ah, ranch homes circa 1980's are in demand, the popcorn ceiling, the wood panel walls, crafmanship at its best ::::ducking from frying pan flying in my direction::::: What is it w/ the west coast folks...I swear my wife has a bunch of friends from ova there and like only 2 guys are straight lol by the way, did you ever watch that show "Hell's Kitchen"? remember a season ago there was this asian guy named Aaron? Yep, you guessed it friend of my DW and yep...he's one of the boys lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
1,369 posts, read 4,141,215 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Go ahead, call him, I'm sure he'll appreciate to hear from you so early in the am. I do that to my family & friends all the time just to bust their chops. Ah, ranch homes circa 1980's are in demand, the popcorn ceiling, the wood panel walls, crafmanship at its best ::::ducking from frying pan flying in my direction::::: What is it w/ the west coast folks...I swear my wife has a bunch of friends from ova there and like only 2 guys are straight lol by the way, did you ever watch that show "Hell's Kitchen"? remember a season ago there was this asian guy named Aaron? Yep, you guessed it friend of my DW and yep...he's one of the boys lol
LOL! no wood paneling but yes, popcorn ceilings throughout. It is not hard to take it off but it is one of the messiest jobs EVER!

We had disco wallpaper that was all through the house. That was a ****** to take down, glue, glue, glue! Argh!

It's funny, while living in San Francisco, all my friends were gay guys. HOWEVER....somehow, I don't know how....I dated more in my life there than anywhere else I lived. LOL! I met my dh there.

I remember when I told my mother that I was moving to SF. She said, "Why ya wanna move there for? All the guys are gay and it earthquakes (yes like a verb) all the time?"

Shanny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,985,580 times
Reputation: 1246
[quote=shannybannany;4295552]
I remember when I told my mother that I was moving to SF. She said, "Why ya wanna move there for? All the guys are gay and it earthquakes (yes like a verb) all the time?"



The sayings our NJ moms use to come up with...my favorite that my mom said once... I was a bit of an artist when I was young and I remember my mom telling her pal about me and my abilities to draw... she said "my daughter is sooo autistic".

Last edited by wileynj; 07-01-2008 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: looks funky???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top