U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 08:39 PM

7 posts, read 15,155 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I work at home. I'm kind of thinking of moving out of Edison, as for me, I don't need to commute, paying the extra to stay in Edison make no much sense. So kind of wondering if I would be able to find a decent qualiy home under 300k if I move out of Edison. I'm looking for : a safe neighborhood, school is not important (I'm single), low property tax, must be able to get business class DSL lines, driving distance to FedEx/UPS staffed office (just in case I have to delivery stuffs quick to my clients), within 2 hours driving distance to Edison (so I can still visit my family members occassionally) Can someone point me some directions on which towns to look at? Thanks!!

Kevin

Edison is not too bad, but as I don't need to commute,
currently in Edison. I'm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 05:38 AM

7,577 posts, read 19,975,663 times
Way too many options to list : ) But for a single family home, not a townhome under 300K, try Warren County or Sussex County. It's about a 45 min drive to Edison from here.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 AM

1,106 posts, read 4,365,171 times
I agree that you have a lot of options. You could also try Ocean County. Toms River and Brick are two towns that are both about an hour commute to Edison and 15 minutes to the beach...your family will want to come visit you:-)

Old 07-02-2008, 03:20 PM

7 posts, read 15,155 times
Thanks for the inputs

I always thought moving to Texas is the only option until seeing recent posts about Cherry Hill and Philly areas. Still expensive compare to Texas but at least not that bad. Ocean county is a new surprise to me. Somehow I used to think Ocean county is very expensive.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:43 PM

1,787 posts, read 4,799,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled View Post
Thanks for the inputs

I always thought moving to Texas is the only option until seeing recent posts about Cherry Hill and Philly areas. Still expensive compare to Texas but at least not that bad. Ocean county is a new surprise to me. Somehow I used to think Ocean county is very expensive.
Yes, check out Ocean County (Bayville, Toms River, Beachwood, Ocean Gate). Taxes are low, you can get a nice house for the money, and you're close to the Toms River and ocean and bay beaches. There's also a large bus station in Toms River.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,399 times
i have a house for under $300,000 that i'm selling in south jersey (sicklerville) which is near route 42. its in gloucester twp (not winslow).
the price listed is $234,900. 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, hafl finished basement , 2 car garage (attached). about 1800 square feet.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:25 AM

5,079 posts, read 7,246,669 times
I know of a few in Somerset County. Fed Ex and UPS are within 2 miles and Edison is about a 20 minute ride.
You're single and have many options. Look on craigslist - you'll find one quickly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or