U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 PM

208 posts, read 737,701 times

Advertisements

I've used Edgar Woodson from Anchor Inspection Services LLC. He was very professional and knowledgeable. All my clients like him and I used him for my own home inspection as well. He took his time and stopped to point out things to us and answer any questions we had. He's based in Brick but came to Middlesex County for my home inspection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 06:39 AM
yCf

106 posts, read 469,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by home_buyer_in_hillsboro View Post
I also used Robert Hahn as my home inspector.

My experience is similar to cyberkni. He arrived on time but was very quick in inspection. The inspection for 2150 SF town house lasted less than hour and a half. He sent the report next day by email and I had to call him 3-4 times to get the radon test report. He also asked me to do additional mold testing in basement which costed me $350. The waterproofing and mold remediation company person was not very conviced with evidence of mold but cleaned it anyway for $150. Also, Robert made a big mistake in radon testing of my house. He told that radon testing is using air sample but report mentioned about charcoal canister as test device. My real estate agent told me about it later and asked to do the radon testing again and results were very different (0.3 versus 2).

I was not happy with inspection since I thought he could have spent more time and radon test part. For mold, I am not yet very sure if it was a good thing to test it or not.
Yes, he was quick and the email reports are nice. However, the guy that inspects the townhouse I am selling spend more time inspect my townhouse than Robert Hahn inspecting my single family home with basement. He tested my attic for 2 samples of molds. $700. Come back positive but the it was only a minor problem. I email him for advise on the mold problem and all he does is keep sending me a reference to the mold remediation person which he already did when he send me the mold inspection report. He just gives me the feeling that he just want to get things done quickly without being too thorough.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 4,094 times
DO NOT use robert hahn, he was in and out of my new condo, and missed a huge leak about my master bedroom bath with mold as well, i was very disappointed......plus still waiting over a month for radon test??????????? not thorough at all and not likeable either.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:00 PM

302 posts, read 1,832,578 times
$700 for two mold samples?!

Just so you know, the EPA does not recommend mold testing. Their stance is that if there is visible evidence of something that looks like mold, just clean it up.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:15 PM

3 posts, read 5,338 times
DON'T USE ROBERT HAHN!!! DON'T USE ROBERT HAHN!!! DON'T USE ROBERT HAHN!!!

Beware of this guy! He is in the wrong business. He came to our house toting his large, fancy camera case- which I never saw him open (because everytime I turned around he was MIA!) On a house that is 19 years old he had nothing negative to say which I found very odd. He seemed very rushed and was done with our approx. 2000 sq. ft house in about an hour. He was more talkative with the seller about his Harley Davidson motorcycle parked in the driveway. #1 A week after we moved in, our AC blew due to a rusted out fan which the tech said the inspector could have pick up on (in the report this was listed as no problems) #2 One month of showering in our bathroom- 15 tiles fell off the wall, 2 days later more tiles. The insulation, backerboard and frame work were so heavily damaged by an old H20 leak, the entire bath/shower area needs to be ripped out and replaced- also we have a large infestation of carpentar ants from the water damage... thanks ROB!!!! We contacted Robert to see if he found any issues in the bathroom during his inspection and his reply back was - " It appeared dry on the thermal imaging camera" There are other small things that he missed that add up $$ .. broken windows that dont close properly and doors that dont lock. Basically, to make a long story short..

If he would have done his job, we would not have bought this house!!!!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 AM

17,579 posts, read 38,303,849 times
I've used Leo Stinson of Delta Inspections twice and have been very happy. He is very thorough and talks you through everything.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,862 times
DO NOT USE ROBERT HAHN! DO NOT USE ROBERT HAHN! DO NOT USE ROBERT HAHN!
You will be conned! He did a lousy inspection, told me the electricity was not working in the attic, but when my realtor suggested checking the outlet box, it turns out the power was just off. He told me there was mold in the basement and wanted to charge me more $$ on the spot to check it, and got upset when I declined. He never checked the roof. He never adivsed me to cut branches that may fall on garage roof! He answered every cell phone call he received. To make matters worse, after the inspection, he called to ask me out on a date!!! How unprofessional!

Old 01-18-2012, 12:47 PM

22 posts, read 58,198 times
DON'T USE ROBERT HAHN!!! DON'T USE ROBERT HAHN!!! DON'T USE ROBERT HAHN!!! The Federal Building Inspection.

We bought our semi-detached home in Fall 2010 and our realtor recommended Robert Hahn. We were 15 minutes later because of the traffic and when we got there he was sitting in the kitchen and had almost done with his report. He told us he got there 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment. So I guess he had done the inspection of a 1800SF home plus basement in less than 45 minutes.

We asked about the condition of the sump pump and he told us it was in great condition and backed up by marine grade batteries. So we asked him to show us where the sump is. He did not know! And the home owner told us the sump pump is not battery-backed up.

We asked him about the condition of the roof and he told us the roof can last at least 15 years. But the truth is the roof was already 18 years old by then and the whole community is planning to replace the roof.

The pilot or something similar on the water boiler was broke at the time, but he had not noticed. The home owner told us about it himself and had it replaced for us.

One more thing, he was supposed to use his fancy IR camera to take photos to check inside walls. But he never showed us his camera or any photos. The only stuff he had with him was the computer he used to write the report and the device he put in the basement to check for Radon.

Sean

Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 PM

5 posts, read 7,969 times
Hired Robert Hahn for a home inspection and it was a big mistake.

Took him only about an hour and a half and he missed a number of major issues. Such things as water in the basement. Hahn minimized it. Cracks in the driveway. Broken garage door. Poor foundation. If it’s not in the report the seller can completely ignore it at no cost to himself.

He was more interested in talking about why his wife left him after 25 years than in doing what I paid him to do. Had this gizmo that could see through walls, etc. and he could do part of his inspection that way. Of course he doesn’t go up into the attic to really do his job.

We found out about the issues when I had two separate contractors come to the house for estimates on some work I would want done. These are people who I had worked with in the past and I know for a fact are trustworthy.

Also, sent him a few followup e-mails and phone calls which he never responded to.

Bottom line – Robert Hahn cannot do a good job. He was recommended by the realtor who I found out gets baseball tickets from him as a payoff. (Again, I’m not joking about this.)

And he has several unanswered complaints with the NJ BBB.

Go with someone more trustworthy.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:03 PM

5 posts, read 7,969 times
Hired Robert Hahn for a home inspection and it was a big mistake.

Took him only about an hour and a half and he missed a number of major issues. Such things as water in the basement. Hahn minimized it. Cracks in the driveway. Broken garage door. Poor foundation. If itís not in the report the seller can completely ignore it at no cost to himself.

He was more interested in talking about why his wife left him after 25 years than in doing what I paid him to do. Had this gizmo that could see through walls, etc. and he could do part of his inspection that way. Of course he doesnít go up into the attic to really do his job.

We found out about the issues when I had two separate contractors come to the house for estimates on some work I would want done. These are people who I had worked with in the past and I know for a fact are trustworthy.

Also, sent him a few followup e-mails and phone calls which he never responded to.

Bottom line Ė Robert Hahn cannot do a good job. He was recommended by the realtor who I found out gets baseball tickets from him as a payoff. (Again, Iím not joking about this.)

And he has several unanswered complaints with the NJ BBB.

Go with someone more trustworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or