U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 03:25 PM

1,977 posts, read 6,633,744 times

Advertisements

My sister lives near the Bayway Circle (for those of you familiar) and I walked with my neice and nephew down Park to Warinanco and its looks exactly like it did 15 years ago when I lived in my parents house riding my bike through that neighborhood. I would say you will have the same issues comming from Brooklyn as I had when I moved from Elizabeth to Edison. It was way to quiet for me. lol

That part of Linden is on the boarder of Elizabeth Elmora section and its still pretty nice. Blue-collar describes it very well IMO but thats not a bad thing. Also, theres a small park (baseball field, basketball court) on the corner of Dill and Adams that i've taken my nephew to to play some basketball and it seemed well kept. Further down on Dill, across from the nursing home (or whetever pc term they are using for it these days) is another park with a walking path and a fairly large open grass area. Once you start going west of there it starts getting sketchy and is somewhat of a low income area on the boarder of Roselle Park. Then once you hit or get near Wood ave your fine again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 01:52 AM

16 posts, read 31,602 times
I live in Union township now and I thought that it was a better place than Linden too but it's not 100% true. Elementary schools might be better but once you get to middle and high school it's not so great. It all depends on what you like...I dont' like Union as much as I thought I would.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:41 AM

148 posts, read 579,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi4601 View Post
I live in Union township now and I thought that it was a better place than Linden too but it's not 100% true. Elementary schools might be better but once you get to middle and high school it's not so great. It all depends on what you like...I dont' like Union as much as I thought I would.
Besides the schools, what else dont you like about union township?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:10 PM

131 posts, read 520,237 times
I live in Union Townsip and had a choise moving to Linden and have a lot of Polish friends (i am polish) in Linden and they usually dont like it and want to move out. I am also a real estate salesperson and i had quite a lot of Polish families selling in Linden and buying in Union and they loved it. Very rarely i hear that somebody likes Linden better then Union but more preffer Union over Linden. As for my experience with both towns i say Union any day except for Vauxhall.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,233 times
Default Relocating to New Jersey

I am an old fashioned East Texas girl and my husband (who is from New York) and I are looking to move to New Jersey. We currently live in Linden, TX and heard that Linden, NJ is a nice area with a small town feel. Can someone tell me what it's really like here? We are looking for an area that is close to New York City, but is small enough for me to enjoy and raise our son. Do you honestly feel that Linden, NJ would be a nice area for us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy3 View Post
Mind you I am used to living in the bed stuy section of brooklyn and harlem my whole life. And I thought that area was quiet compared to what I have been used to my whole life. There wasn't anyone on the porch hanging out, no pit bulls running around, and I am used to living in my fair share of bad 'hoods. But I figured it's time to get out of the hood (mainly because I can't afford to buy anything here due to the gentrification that is going on). But I went to public schools and got an undergrad and grad degree from columbia. There weren't kids running around barefoot and wild in the street. It seemed really nice to me, but I keep hearing all these negative threads on Linden. Are people like me moving to the area, that can't exactly afford a 650K house with 12k in taxes, but is educated and want a "somewhat suburban" neighborhood?

Old 09-19-2008, 03:43 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,868,821 times
[ (im not sure if linden and rahway qualify as suburbs).[/quote]

I live in the Inman hgts section of Rahway and that is as much Suburbian as i want to get, When i moved out here from Sunset park Brooklyn It took me a few months just to get a good nights sleep out here (It was just to darn quiet)
If i want a little city life i just go downtown to one of the bars/restuarants or shops.....And i would think it is almost the same in certain parts of linden

It may not fit the true description of suburbia but i still love it
and coming from Brooklyn ,this is as suburbian as i want to get

To the original poster
Welcome to Jersey

Old 05-29-2010, 07:34 PM

8 posts, read 11,821 times
Smile COP FRIEND LINDEN PATROL SAY STILL SUBURBAN LAND AND IT IS.NO APT.BUILDING LOITERING not much killin either.

i agree by being in dill ave. lovely QUIET SECTION RESIDENTIAL TREE LINE Street equal IMO? SUBURBAN with linden lovely town still got over 59% white peeps. MOST WHITE PEOPLE RESIDE IN LINDEN I AM THERE EACH DAY I LUV IT COP ARE NOT THAT BAD IN LINDEN UNION COUNTY EITHER.
ONLY 30 PERCENT BLK or in my case MIX italian/blk even less as well as 15 only percent is spanish so that is SUBURBIA more white. for sure.
residential LOVELY homes and i was on dill today actually with a friend as well as i m lookin at buying in my late thirties now 1st house in linden near KNOPF street off of wood ave section is simpley BEAUTIFUL not just sunnyside as well as off of roselle street(near elizabeth ave side is nice)LOW CRIME period.barely any killin rape etc.rarely happen and i love the movie theatre
section too over by down linden almost in tremley point is nice.

but again more white people all over so to me that is suburbian heaven!lol i love it i have no complaint i know hazel grier avenue to park ave.across from linden VERY busy dangerous highway (B safe now)route 1 and 9 i love it cause the ENTIRE section is suburban i.e .NO APT.BUILDING LOITERING ANY PLACE THERE as well as all house 1 2 family mostly great lawn(s)residential a few corner store if that as i do know the school system DESPITE hater 1 or 2 here is a wonderful system dill ave school number four annex.my 2 beautiful teen god daughter in mid to late 90s went there up through around 2001 they love it so that is NOT long ago just 8 or so years now. STILL; not much crime VERY low crime this i PERSONALLY know close friend of mine is still a LINDEN NJ POLICE OFFICER they are prettie much cool do not racial profile much either i love that less to NO KILLIN OVER THERE NO GUN SHOT BATTLE over there like st.george ave near essex is really getto more bad but yet to me?no real crime much,just typical every day by union street etc. hood straight up represent. no biggie i see more hustle over there but it happen EACH n everywhere but most of linden again with almost SIXTY PERCENT LINDEN NJ Population quiet that is a great thing and still is the SUBURBAN middle to upper middle class so hate on us if your wantin to but MOST comments i am happy on net realize LINDEN/CRANFORD/ROSELLE PK IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE NO MATTER WHAT SUBURBS i am from staten isld.suburbia TODT HILL ny
born and raise but bestie friend bella from well in belmar mostly and linden
and both are still SUBURB.love it.and the school system better then hood
scuzzy brick city newark(even if they got hottest guys imo there in newark hood lol) and hood plainfield school is awful stay clear of there too linden is great sunnyside section higher taxes but not too bad a VERY beautiful area is dill ave.
grier ave.
middle class nestle in tree line street friendly neighbors and about walking ur
dog be careful after dark as in ANY WHERE sexual predator to serial killer
bomber can live any place good luck in suburbia residential quiet nice linden
nj.
from geena.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:39 PM

8 posts, read 11,821 times
i agree bayway part again aka GRIER AVENUE BEFORE YOUR REACHIN BAD ELIZABETH NJ IS LOVELY STILL QUIET.CAN BARELY HEAR A PIN DROP OVER THERE GRIER AVE TO PARK AVE TO DILL AVE I LOVE ALOT ELMORA BY THE PARK WARINANCO IS LOVELY SUBURB ROSELLE NICE QUIET SO AGAIN DILL AVE AND HAGEL IS LOVELY NOT HOOD AT ALL LINDEN IS MOSTLY SUBURB NOT GOIN DOWN HILL AT ALL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey