U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:41 PM

2,310 posts, read 4,812,001 times

Advertisements

My company has an office in Bethlehem and we ALWAYS go to Wegman's when we're there!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 PM

3,269 posts, read 8,721,264 times
Don't get me started. We almost had one on in East Hanover. Snip from the Star Ledger in 2006:

The 37-acre redevelopment zone on Mount Pleasant Avenue, next to Hanover Park High School, would include an adult community of townhomes and multi-family homes, with an option for single-family detached homes.

Two years ago, the township council considered allowing a Wegmans supermarket and a gated age-restricted community on the land. But after the East Hanover Concerned Citizens Committee opposed the plan, and residents argued it would exacerbate traffic congestion at the Route 10-Mount Pleasant area, the council voted unanimously against it.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,336,221 times
Thumbs up Wegman's Woodbridge Center Drive

The one in Woodbrige, NJ. is a fabulous store, has fantastic foods, of excellent quality. The staff is very courteous, and helpful. Well- organized, and trained. There are cheeses from different parts of the world, fresh flowers, cooked meals........delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,138,247 times
OK....I know you are all gonna call me a dick but...it's totally over-rated! Especially their ready to eat meals. Blech!

Sorry! Was totally not worth the $$$. I was soooo disappointed!

*Shanny is ducking from all the insults*. LOL!

Shanny

Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
OK....I know you are all gonna call me a dick but...it's totally over-rated! Especially their ready to eat meals. Blech!

Shanny
Sorry, I meant to say "tool"! LOL!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:46 AM

646 posts, read 2,382,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I know and none in Brick. I wonder if Giantone was confused as I was in Brick recently and no Wegman's.

We grew up calling it ..."the back of Brick"...Ocean is the town name ...and the Ocean is nowhere to be found,off of Hwy 35.Use to be a Walmart down the road but it closed.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
We grew up calling it ..."the back of Brick"...Ocean is the town name ...and the Ocean is nowhere to be found,off of Hwy 35.Use to be a Walmart down the road but it closed.
Thanks-yes I thought that might be the one you were referring to. I have actually been in that one once or twice. I usually hit the Mt. Laurel one, but if I happen to be near a Wegman's anywhere I have to check it out.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:38 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,029 times
Quote:

Sorry! Was totally not worth the $$$. I was soooo disappointed!

*Shanny is ducking from all the insults*. LOL!

Shanny

Wow you are the first person that I have "spoken" to that dislikes Wegman's but to each their own.

No insults Shanny-we still love ya!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

Wow you are the first person that I have "spoken" to that dislikes Wegman's but to each their own.

No insults Shanny-we still love ya!
LOL! I know, I know. Plus it's too dark in there. Am I buying groceries or am I in a singles bar, LOL!

Shanny

Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 AM

7,577 posts, read 19,970,589 times
Quote:
LOL! I know, I know. Plus it's too dark in there. Am I buying groceries or am I in a singles bar, LOL!

Shanny
Sounds like it's your Wegmans that's the issue..the one I was in was nice and bright..clean and reasonable. Maybe try another Wegmans and let us know how you feel then : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or