U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:33 AM

516 posts, read 1,706,401 times

Advertisements

We recently moved within a few miles of a Wegmans and, in fact, it's the closest supermarket to our house. I love it with the exception of the crowds and the lighting - as previously posted... it's rather dark inside. The customer service is excellent. Yesterday I bought, among other things, milk which I discovered was leaking upon checkout. The cashier offered to continue to unload my items and ring them up while I ran to grab a replacement milk. When I returned I apologized to the person who was now waiting in line behind me and she laughed and said she thought the cashier was ringing up his own purchases!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 07:36 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Sounds like it's your Wegmans that's the issue..the one I was in was nice and bright..clean and reasonable. Maybe try another Wegmans and let us know how you feel then : )
You know Wiley I think you are right. I guess Shanny went to the one in Cherry Hill. While I still liked that one- I liked the feel of the one in Mount Laurel much better. Did not really think about it until I read your post.

Wiley-did you see the train when you were there?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 AM

7,577 posts, read 19,972,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
You know Wiley I think you are right. I guess Shanny went to the one in Cherry Hill. While I still liked that one- I liked the feel of the one in Mount Laurel much better. Did not really think about it until I read your post.

Wiley-did you see the train when you were there?
LOL..yes, I saw the train : ) Reminded me of a restaurant up in Vermont I was at once... had a train overhead going around the restaurant all night..very cool : ) There's also a place in PA...Stroudsburg that has a train running overhead as well. Dansbury Depot maybe?? Great Buffalo wings - $0.10 each!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:42 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,138,682 times
Well apparently I am the only person who does not like the Wegman's in Cherry Hill. All my neighbors think it's (In my best Billy Crystal voice) Mah-Va-Las!

Mt. Laurel is a hop and a skip. Maybe I'll go to that one.

Shanny

Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Well apparently I am the only person who does not like the Wegman's in Cherry Hill. All my neighbors think it's (In my best Billy Crystal voice) Mah-Va-Las!

Mt. Laurel is a hop and a skip. Maybe I'll go to that one.

Shanny
We will covert you!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:51 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,138,682 times
Quote:
We will covert you!!!!
LOL! I think my problem is that I cook every night (happily) and when I paid $$$ for their ready-to-eat meals, I kept thinking to myself that I could have made it so much better.

Reminds me of my late Gramma. Whenever we would go out to eat with her (which wasn't often) she'd say, "I make this better at home. I could have made this. Why did we spend money on something that I can make easily, etc...". I suppose it's ingrained. LOL!

Ah...thought of something else. My brother cracks me up. When we go out to eat with him, he always order some goofy chicken dish. Like baked chicken or something. I always say, "You can eat that at home." That is why I always order something like Duck or Fish (I hate cooking fish). I would never make that at home.

Boy, I am a -rambling today! LOL!

Shanny

Old 07-03-2008, 07:55 AM

7,577 posts, read 19,972,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
LOL! I think my problem is that I cook every night (happily) and when I paid $$$ for their ready-to-eat meals, I kept thinking to myself that I could have made it so much better.

Reminds me of my late Gramma. Whenever we would go out to eat with her (which wasn't often) she'd say, "I make this better at home. I could have made this. Why did we spend money on something that I can make easily, etc...". I suppose it's ingrained. LOL!

Ah...thought of something else. My brother cracks me up. When we go out to eat with him, he always order some goofy chicken dish. Like baked chicken or something. I always say, "You can eat that at home." That is why I always order something like Duck or Fish (I hate cooking fish). I would never make that at home.

Boy, I am a -rambling today! LOL!

Shanny
Ramble on Rachel Ray : ))) I'm the cook in our house and yes, typically I do a better job but now and again it's nice to be the one getting served..whether it's good or not - I still enjoy the pampering : )))

Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 AM

1,983 posts, read 6,580,355 times
Quote:
We will covert you!!!!
Mount Laurel's Wegman's is very nice but has been a mess to park and get in and out of. I stopped going there for about a year and have been thinking about revisiting to see how bad it is now. I cannot stand to wait in lines at any store especially since the general public is stupid and the stores themselves might be understaffed.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:33 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,395,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I just took a nice scenic drive through PA and stumbled across Palmer - nice area and best of all there was a Wegmans. I have never been to a Wegmans before and let me tell you...it's amazing! I know we have a few in NJ but nothing close to where I am. I'll even drive the hour to go back - I was that impressed!!! So Wegmans..if you're listening... come to Northwest Jersey please!!!

wILLEY! I grew up with Wegmans! I am from Buffalo NY area and had them in the late 70's early 80s...and LOVE THEM! That is the only store I went to!!! LOVE THEM!

I moved to MA and there were NONE! then moved to NJ and am glad they started the Wegmans trend in this state! YAY!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:34 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,395,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
We grew up calling it ..."the back of Brick"...Ocean is the town name ...and the Ocean is nowhere to be found,off of Hwy 35.Use to be a Walmart down the road but it closed.

THERE IS ONE in OCEAN Township-none in Brick. I go to the one in OCean all the time! 1105 Rte. 35! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or