U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2008, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia
690 posts, read 2,640,973 times
Reputation: 198

Advertisements

The Mount Laurel Wegmans isn't nearly as bad as the Cherry Hill one. The CH one is a zoo inside and outside in the parking lot. The Mt Laurel one is a lot less crowded and I usually never have to wait more than a few min in line. Its a lot better than when it first opened. I'd give it another shot M-town and Shanny - you should check it out rather than go to CH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2008, 08:38 AM
 
5,273 posts, read 6,394,282 times
Reputation: 14920
Manalapan-NO BULK CANDY LOL...
Princeton- Excellent!
Woodbridge-Pretty huge!!
Ocean-my favorite..........BULK CANDY ROCKS LOL *Zagnut bars are hard to find! but not at Weggie's!!
Wilkes-Barre-pretty good!
and I am sure I have been to alot more
Of course in Buffalo there are 20 alone in the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 08:40 AM
 
1,983 posts, read 6,579,418 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzBoy View Post
The Mount Laurel Wegmans isn't nearly as bad as the Cherry Hill one. The CH one is a zoo inside and outside in the parking lot. The Mt Laurel one is a lot less crowded and I usually never have to wait more than a few min in line. Its a lot better than when it first opened. I'd give it another shot M-town and Shanny - you should check it out rather than go to CH.
Thanks, will do. I purposely wanted to check it out when it opened but ultimately decided to give it a year and see if the traffic in there calmed down. Sounds like it has. Think everyone wanted to try it out too. Now with food and gas prices, Acme and the new Shoprite in ML are probably better alternatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,970,589 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Thanks, will do. I purposely wanted to check it out when it opened but ultimately decided to give it a year and see if the traffic in there calmed down. Sounds like it has. Think everyone wanted to try it out too. Now with food and gas prices, Acme and the new Shoprite in ML are probably better alternatives.
I'm a Weis gal. Find it to be much cheaper than A&P and Shoprite. One downside with Weis is that you MUST CHECK THE EXPIRATION DATES!!! The 2 for 1 items are typically on sale because they expire in like a day : ) Otherwise... no wegmans then Weis will have to do for now : (((
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Central, NJ
2,310 posts, read 4,812,001 times
Reputation: 2964
Ooh the Woodbridge one isn't too far from where I'm moving. I'm glad it's huge, is it nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 09:14 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 32,094,329 times
Reputation: 3519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Ooh the Woodbridge one isn't too far from where I'm moving. I'm glad it's huge, is it nice?
It's nice and clean. I was actually surprised when they opened there a few years back, since Woodbridge's demographics are a notch or two below the demographics of the other areas Wegmans had been targeting in NJ. The store still gets jam-packed with people on the weekends, but unlike places like Shoprite that will have two registers open at peak times and lines 10 carts deep, Wegmans normally has plenty of cashiers so there's rarely more than one or two people ahead of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 AM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,935,086 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I'm a Weis gal. Find it to be much cheaper than A&P and Shoprite. One downside with Weis is that you MUST CHECK THE EXPIRATION DATES!!! The 2 for 1 items are typically on sale because they expire in like a day : ) Otherwise... no wegmans then Weis will have to do for now : (((
i've tried to like weis, i really have, but i just can't. i don't find their selections to be good at all, whether canned, meat or produce. i went once and they didn't have avocados! what's up with that?

i was a loyal Shop Riter until they pissed me off so now I go to A&P. Oddly enough, A&P is cheaper for me. I track my weekly spending (before and after coupons) and I'm averaging about $10 less/week at A&P. Their non sale stuff is generally more money than SR, but their sale stuff is way better. Since I mostly only shop sales, I come out ahead. Plus, A&P is way less crowded and nicer than the Mansfield SR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,970,589 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i've tried to like weis, i really have, but i just can't. i don't find their selections to be good at all, whether canned, meat or produce. i went once and they didn't have avocados! what's up with that?

i was a loyal Shop Riter until they pissed me off so now I go to A&P. Oddly enough, A&P is cheaper for me. I track my weekly spending (before and after coupons) and I'm averaging about $10 less/week at A&P. Their non sale stuff is generally more money than SR, but their sale stuff is way better. Since I mostly only shop sales, I come out ahead. Plus, A&P is way less crowded and nicer than the Mansfield SR.
We've started to shop at the A&P in Blairstown... it's actually not bad and like you said, more options than Weis - I especially LOVE A&P's classic Cole slaw! Just like mom use to make : ) Shoprite in Mansfield is way too confusing for me... the aisle layout if horrible! Plus rumor has it (wink, wink) that the mob owns them..lol : ))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top