U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:25 PM

1,538 posts, read 5,132,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
I was at a Hackensack Bus Stop some months ago and it also contained Human Poop - nope I'm not kidding. Someone told me it was probably a "homeless druggie" that did it there. Needless to say I had to wait for a bus at least 200 feet away because of the awful stench.\

Also the people that know the town at that bus stop didn't have really any positive things to say about Hackensack.
that's pretty disgusting. no question, the hackensack bus station is certainly not a pleasant place to hang out.

but again, it doesn't represent the entire city. not even close.

and btw, my friends who live in hackensack and know the town quite well in their own right, really like it there. does that mean that everyone does? no, obviously there's a variety of opinions. just like my friends, those people at the bus stop speak for themselves and not for everyone in town.

now, if you were at the irvington bus terminal and the people there were dissing that city, then i'd take their word as pretty representative of the whole - because that town is uniformly awful. but hackensack? it's a mixed bag. and even its worst areas can't compare to the state's ghettos and slums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 06:28 PM

16 posts, read 78,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Hackensack is being invaded by illegal immigrants

yes it is do not deny it

I drive through the local streets on my way to work

Since the demographics are changing, many people are upset and leaving
Illegal immigrants is not a Hackensack Specific problem, it is a state epidemic. Westwood, Waldwick, parts of Ridgewood, Mahwah, Suffern or any town on the Railroad line has a huge immigration problem, you can thank the many landscapers and restaurant owners who employ them illegally for that.

I live in Fairmount section of Hackensack. The problems that I see in Hackensack aren't crimes against people like assault, rape etc, but drug problems and auto theft. Our building has seen several cars vandalized for expensive headlights, we have quite a few Audi's, Acura's and Beamers and apparantly the lights are a hot commodity. The house a few houses away from us was busted for running a big drug operation.. duh.. for years we saw deals going on in broad daylight on our block, it took the police several years before they caught on and busted the house.

It is a shame, because it has great proximity to Manhattan, some beautiful homes and an opportunity to have an awesome downtown Main Street. They have been trying to revitalize the town for the past 10 years that I have been here, but it still hasn't taken off to where it should be. I like it here, but there is no way in hell my kids will be raised here, and for the outrageous taxes I pay, the schools need to be safer as well as the neighborhood.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:58 PM

3,219 posts, read 5,654,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
that's pretty disgusting. no question, the hackensack bus station is certainly not a pleasant place to hang out.

but again, it doesn't represent the entire city. not even close.

and btw, my friends who live in hackensack and know the town quite well in their own right, really like it there. does that mean that everyone does? no, obviously there's a variety of opinions. just like my friends, those people at the bus stop speak for themselves and not for everyone in town.

now, if you were at the irvington bus terminal and the people there were dissing that city, then i'd take their word as pretty representative of the whole - because that town is uniformly awful. but hackensack? it's a mixed bag. and even its worst areas can't compare to the state's ghettos and slums.
The bus stop was on State Street not even the bus station.

I hear that there's a lot of parking regulations and or problems in Hackensack.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:21 AM

88 posts, read 479,772 times
I haaaate Hackensack. Where is all the good food??? This is Bergen County, I love the food we have to offer here. Yet, in the capital of Bergen I think it all SUCKS.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM

21 posts, read 55,447 times
I HAVE been accosted by "homeless" near the CVS and when I wouldnt give him money he said "you Never BEEN homeless!" I told him to go to the shelter and he said "its Full." HE was FULL I'm sure just panhandling for crack or bootlegger liquor money. I used to live on Prospect in a high rise (not a good value). The midrises on the corner of Essex street are old slums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey