Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:48 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Hummm.. I don't know Kate - it may be run by illegals..you might want to check that out first before you agree to eat there : )))))
damn those illegals, always ruining everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 07:59 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
damn those illegals, always ruining everything
I can see it now....Kate arriving at the restaurant...
Hostess: "Table for two"
Kate: "Yes, but I'll need to see your visa and/or green cards first"
Restaurant Employees: "scramble, run, doors slamming, overloaded mini-van exiting parking lot"
Restaurant now empty... bulldozer arrives the following week...ground is cleared and ready for yet another McDonalds!!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Restaurant Employees: "scramble, run, doors slamming, overloaded mini-van exiting parking lot"
Restaurant now empty... bulldozer arrives the following week...ground is cleared and ready for yet another McDonalds!!!!!
I wonder if njkate is getting tired of all the illegal alien jokes?? lol (all in good fun njkate, don't report me to the INS, I was born here)

Old 07-03-2008, 08:06 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
I wonder if njkate is getting tired of all the illegal alien jokes?? lol (all in good fun njkate, don't report me to the INS, I was born here)
Yes, all in good fun njkate : ))))

Old 07-03-2008, 08:14 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Hummm.. I don't know Kate - it may be run by illegals..you might want to check that out first before you agree to eat there : )))))
Most Cubans are not illegal..if they can make it to US soil they are given amnesty...if the Coast Gurad intercepts them on the sea then no they are returned to Cuba besides of which I have no beef with Cubans..they are different

Before 1985 there was no limit on how many Cubans could enter the U.S. if they went about it through normal immigration procedures. This was also true for other groups of immigrants as well. Unlike other groups who came into the country undocumented, Cubans were granted a special status which made it easier to gain residency. Others had to prove that they were fleeing for political reasons so that they could be granted the status of a refugee while Cubans were automatically given refugee status along with other privileges. Some of these special privileges were introduced in 1966 and included gaining permanent residency if the Cuban had been in the U.S. for at least a year. Even if the Cuban had stayed longer than the time period allowed on the visitor visas, they were still granted permanent residency.

History of Cuban Immigration to the United States

And I have no problem with this because...................THEY ARE LEGAL

Last edited by njkate; 07-03-2008 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: Back up what I'm saying

Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:

Good one Wiley

Old 07-03-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Most Cubans are not illegal..if they can make it to US soil they are given amnesty...if the Coast Gurad intercepts them on the sea then no they are returned to Cuba besides of which I have no beef with Cubans..they are different
<gasp>:::mouth wide open in disbelief::: did you just really say that?? ...care to elaborate here? or should we start another thread?

Old 07-03-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
There are two GREAT spanish restaurants in Dover - Morris County. One may be considered Rockaway? Spain Rincon on Mt. Hope Avenue is my favorite out of the two. Tiny little blue house on the corner of Mt. Hope and Richard Mine Rd. I definatley recommend it! Can't remember the name of the one in Dover...but if I do, I'll let you know.

is it Jai-Alai on Blackwell St?

Old 07-03-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
<gasp>:::mouth wide open in disbelief::: did you just really say that?? ...care to elaborate here? or should we start another thread?
yes I did.....My Grand Mother lived in Union City back in the 60's & 70's when I was growing up
Many many cubans who had fled Cuba & Castro..very different culture and make up from other latinos..lived there. One of my good friends family fled Cuba, her father had been a lawyer there

I hope one day in my lifetime the sanctions against Cuba are lifted and I can visit the island

Old 07-03-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
yes I did.....My Grand Mother lived in Union City back in the 60's & 70's when I was growing up
Many many cubans who had fled Cuba & Castro..very different culture and make up from other latinos..lived there. One of my good friends family fled Cuba, her father had been a lawyer there

I hope one day in my lifetime the sanctions against Cuba are lifted and I can visit the island

I'm just going to retreat and observe, for I feel there will be nothing constructive/good on debating the "Cubans are different from other latinos" statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey