U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:10 AM

7,577 posts, read 19,975,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Just came around your neck of the woods, took a ride on 94 towards blairstown, passed the Wilbur's Country store. I love road trips on overcast days.
You should have popped in : ) I see the crafts fair at wilbur's is next weekend. I've never been but I hear it's HUGE! Next time you come this way, hop over onto the road that runs paralell (close enough).. to Rt. 94 - Fredon Marksboro Road maybe? What a nice ride!!! All rolling hillsides loaded with beautiful horses. Absolutley gorgeous!! And whne you get done with that, stop at Wiley's Tavern for a steak and some good brew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 AM

1,972 posts, read 4,818,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
You should have popped in : ) I see the crafts fair at wilbur's is next weekend. I've never been but I hear it's HUGE! Next time you come this way, hop over onto the road that runs paralell (close enough).. to Rt. 94 - Fredon Marksboro Road maybe? What a nice ride!!! All rolling hillsides loaded with beautiful horses. Absolutley gorgeous!! And whne you get done with that, stop at Wiley's Tavern for a steak and some good brew
Yeah, I saw the sign for the craft's fair. I must say that IMO Warren county has better scenic views.....can't wait for the fall, I might take a few days off next week and just take a nice road trip all over this area, in the 3 + years we've been here there are a lot of places that we still haven't visited.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Yeah, I saw the sign for the craft's fair. I must say that IMO Warren county has better scenic views.....can't wait for the fall, I might take a few days off next week and just take a nice road trip all over this area, in the 3 + years we've been here there are a lot of places that we still haven't visited.
In my 44 years here, there's still alot of places I've yet to see as well ; ) Take a ride up to Layton... stop at the Walpack in for some great grub... visit Peter's valley...cross over the dingman's bridge...take a ride down 611 in PA from the dingman's side. Those areas in Sussex County as just as nice as well. Ever been to Milford PA? Another nice ride.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
In my 44 years here, there's still alot of places I've yet to see as well ; ) Take a ride up to Layton... stop at the Walpack in for some great grub... visit Peter's valley...cross over the dingman's bridge...take a ride down 611 in PA from the dingman's side. Those areas in Sussex County as just as nice as well. Ever been to Milford PA? Another nice ride.

Yeah, been to Milford a few times, DW wants to open a Tea House up there someday, we just did preliminary stuff as far as finding a space w/ kitchen. Who knows perhaps in a few. Btw, I also like to take a ride around Ridge Rd in your neck of the woods, plenty of horses around there, sometimes we pull over and pet them, but I'm always afraid someone is just going to come out of the bushes and start yelling at us, so I tell the DW "Let's go, I'll buy you a pony someday" lol

Old 07-05-2008, 09:24 AM

ok...aunt Edna is tied down to the roof of the family truckster...we're off for our road trip today! Should I leave the dog tied to the bumper?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
ok...aunt Edna is tied down to the roof of the family truckster...we're off for our road trip today! Should I leave the dog tied to the bumper?
Actually switch them over, dog to the roof, aunt Edna to the bumper...(it would be more fun this way) Have a nice trip Wiley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey