U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times
Reputation: 1246

Advertisements

Ok...I'm thinking of going out for dinner tomorrow night to a British Restaurant...my way of thanking them for our independence..lol - does anyone have any input on the Ships Inn in Milford, NJ? The menu looks great. I'll be celebrating with a couple of Brits so I want to make sure i take them some place good : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2008, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,475 posts, read 9,812,356 times
Reputation: 3030
Never heard of it before you post. Checked out the website, looks very "cute". Post if you try it, it's not too far from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,475 posts, read 9,812,356 times
Reputation: 3030
Have you tried that new gastropub "Salt" in Byram yet? It's owned by the people who used to own/run Bula in Newton. It's very cute inside and they have a fantastic beer selection. The food is pricey but good, some things better than others. The presentation of the food is awesome.

Salt: a gastropub in Byram, New Jersey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Have you tried that new gastropub "Salt" in Byram yet? It's owned by the people who used to own/run Bula in Newton. It's very cute inside and they have a fantastic beer selection. The food is pricey but good, some things better than others. The presentation of the food is awesome.

Salt: a gastropub in Byram, New Jersey

Ate there last week : ) It was "ok"... pricey and I think it's a little too posh for that area - I don't think it will last. The beer selection was great though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Never heard of it before you post. Checked out the website, looks very "cute". Post if you try it, it's not too far from me.
I will... we've been in "driving and trying new places" mode this week. I've been to Frenchtown a few times but never to Milford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2008, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,475 posts, read 9,812,356 times
Reputation: 3030
Well....did you try it????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2008, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Here but I spend time There.
1,972 posts, read 4,818,813 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Ate there last week : ) It was "ok"... pricey and I think it's a little too posh for that area - I don't think it will last. The beer selection was great though.
I agree, pricey and portions were small, but othewise the food tasted great. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2008, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Well....did you try it????
No... called a friend who lives in that area and she said it was pouring down rain. Opted to stay home and BBQ. I must say the steaks over at Wiley's in Frelinghuysen are the best . may try and get there today...see where the car takes us today.."road trip"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2008, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I agree, pricey and portions were small, but othewise the food tasted great. Time will tell.
I had some "hinger steak" thing and it was pretty good. I would eat there again... maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2008, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Here but I spend time There.
1,972 posts, read 4,818,813 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
No... called a friend who lives in that area and she said it was pouring down rain. Opted to stay home and BBQ. I must say the steaks over at Wiley's in Frelinghuysen are the best . may try and get there today...see where the car takes us today.."road trip"
Just came around your neck of the woods, took a ride on 94 towards blairstown, passed the Wilbur's Country store. I love road trips on overcast days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top