U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:50 PM

526 posts, read 1,222,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Moderator cut: snip
You should use your time instead to go to every real estate site you can, sign up and put your house in your favorites there. You should also go to realtor.com, put in the same info as your house along with a larger & smaller dollar amount (min/max) like you were buying a house in your area. This will allow you to watch your competition and to make sure you are priced correctly. I'm going to paste in my usual help post for buyers, hopefully you will take the advice.

I did a search of your zip, your competition (even on your agents site) are either priced the same or less with a better kitchen. My suggestion would be to price out new cabinets, perhaps you can find a handyman to install them for under $10k They are hurting you when compared to your competition. If they are newer cabinets, I apologize but the photo of your kitchen does not make them look like anything but 20 year old cabinets. If you can't replace, is there any way you can at least paint them or have them refaced?

Also, there are about 5 pictures that are dark. You should tell your agent to either lighten them or take new ones. Look at your competition's photos, theres are a lot better. Your agent should get pro pics done, cost is about $100-$200

As for the money incentive to your agent, why are you rewarding him? You should give it 1) to the buyers agent as incentive to bring their client there or 2) to the buyer as a decorating expense Also, you would think he would feature your house on his private web site

You should lower the price now, not later. You are going to keep chasing the market down and not selling anyway because your competition looks better online (kitchen/carpet) so unless you have a really desirable location, there is no reason for buyers to even look at your house.

You should do something with the exterior as well, plant some flowers and make it inviting.

FWIW, your agent pays for enhanced listings on realtor.com but your blurb (description) sucks.
Single Family Property, Area: Gloucester Twp, Subdivision: Asten Woods, County: Camden County, Approximately 0.23 acre(s), Age: 18 year(s) old, Two story, Central air conditioning, Basement, Fireplace(s), Dining room, Laundry room, Hardwood floors

Hopefully you won't take my post as anything but honest feedback. As I said, I was just a buyer in your area, hubby & I decided to spend the extra $ and buy new because the used prices didn't reflect what we felt they should be.

08081 $200-$250 3 bedroom 2 bath search

Roselvr There is no need to sign up to get listings from all these websites. One will due, though I would strongly recommend doing it though your local REALTOR's website. I for one spend quite a lot of money to make sure that I display all the listings on my website, and show them in the best possible way. When people save a search they get e-mailed every day with what ever is new or has had a price change within the persons saved search.

Signing up for all of that stuff just means you will eventually have your e-mail address and what ever other information sold off to what ever real estate agent at each of those places, and then you will be contacted. Yahoo sells your info to Prudential, and the others, well you can figure it out.

Moderator cut: no advertising

Last edited by tahiti; 07-05-2008 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 04:47 AM

9,196 posts, read 20,215,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBoyer View Post
Roselvr There is no need to sign up to get listings from all these websites. One will due, though I would strongly recommend doing it though your local REALTOR's website. I for one spend quite a lot of money to make sure that I display all the listings on my website, and show them in the best possible way. When people save a search they get e-mailed every day with what ever is new or has had a price change within the persons saved search.

Signing up for all of that stuff just means you will eventually have your e-mail address and what ever other information sold off to what ever real estate agent at each of those places, and then you will be contacted. Yahoo sells your info to Prudential, and the others, well you can figure it out.

If you want to know who this SOB is you can google my name.
Actually, it's interesting to see how some sites don't pick up listings from other sites, they don't get every listing on their search. I know of a house by my old one, it never came up on a few sites, yet it came up on others. Just because I added the MLS to my favorites at my remax agents site, I did not get updates about price changes. Exit realty was the best & seemed to pick everything up.

If I wanted to see and track all of my competition, I had to sign up at multiple sites. It's no big deal for me

Old 07-05-2008, 11:37 AM

526 posts, read 1,222,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Actually, it's interesting to see how some sites don't pick up listings from other sites, they don't get every listing on their search. I know of a house by my old one, it never came up on a few sites, yet it came up on others. Just because I added the MLS to my favorites at my remax agents site, I did not get updates about price changes. Exit realty was the best & seemed to pick everything up.

If I wanted to see and track all of my competition, I had to sign up at multiple sites. It's no big deal for me

That is very strange, and I would venture to guess that possibly you just miss placed the updates, or they ended up in your spam filter. I have never seen that happen with the MLS search on my website, but then again I spend big bucks for top of the line professional custom setup, vs standard off the shelf stuff that many put out there.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:06 PM

9,196 posts, read 20,215,476 times
No, didn't end up in the spam because the update emails were still there with other houses except mine or my neighbors.

I don't know how to explain how it was told to me by my 1st agent.

Anyway, are you in southern NJ? Maybe the system is different down here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or