U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:04 PM

47 posts, read 227,903 times

Advertisements

Man, that was some good cheesecake...remember the line used to wrap around the block the day before holidays.

I was sorry that they closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 11:54 AM

6,044 posts, read 21,131,710 times
You betcha. They had a cappucinno cheesecake or coffee cheesecake (I forget which) and it was out of this world.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:53 PM

9,601 posts, read 23,078,480 times
When did they close? I remember the cappucino cheesecake! More addictive than heroin.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:38 PM

47 posts, read 227,903 times
i think they closed last June sometime...i didn't even know! i went to stand in line for my pumpkin cheesecake and it was gone!

here's the link from the Trenton times: Cheesecake shop's parting is sweet sorrow - NJ.com: Times of Trenton updates

Old 07-04-2008, 11:18 PM

1,914 posts, read 3,050,190 times
Oh, I know! Worst thing ever!

I still have one in the freezer we keep in the garage. I think it's going on 2 years old now. I will have to toss it...we would buy a ton to give to friends/employees during the holidays and were always left with 2 or 3 for ourselves. And of course, we'd always go on diets after the Holidays and just keep that ONE LAST cheesecake for "cheatin' days". This last one escaped us somehow.

Not a fan of cherries BUT my parents LOVED LOVED LOVED ML's Cherry Cheese Cake. Looked great, but way to rich for me.

Does anyone know WHY they shut the business down?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,991 times
I had a good friend in high school in Union with that name. I've been looking for her for a while. I wonder if she is the same person.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 AM

380 posts, read 1,095,029 times
I just got chocolate cheesecake cupcakes from the Goodiebox, a new bakery in Weehawken. WOW - so tiny, so delicious. They were plain cheesecake with chocolate frosting. Now I'm trying to think of excuses to get some more. Thank heavens it's almost Valentine's Day!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 7,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrcp View Post
I had a good friend in high school in Union with that name. I've been looking for her for a while. I wonder if she is the same person.
Michelle is originally from the Trenton area. I knew Michelle when she was just starting her business with Andy Gazonas, her fiance at the time, and later her husband. Michelle and Andy divorced and Andy took over the business. Andy's mom and brother, Connie and Bill, helped out with the business. After a while Andy and his brother started their own business.

I haven't been in that area for a while so I don't know if it's still there but there was a place to get excellent cheesecakes on Whitehorse Ave. It was Angelo Cheesecakes and it was in the little strip mall where Shop n Bag is across from KMart. They even sold cheesecake by the slice.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:35 AM

89 posts, read 301,653 times
ML's had the best desserts, at such a great price.

I would stock up before Thanksgiving and Christmas, put all the cakes in the freezer...all you had to do was thaw them out 2 hours in advance. Always nice to go to someone's home with a delicious ML cheesecake or some other dessert.

Does anyone remember the Midnight Lightning cakes? They were my favorite!

Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 AM

51,669 posts, read 12,649,751 times
LOVED Michelle Lori Cheesecakes!! We would even drive the 80 minutes down when we moved to North Jersey. We use to buy the Ameretto cheesecakes and our daughter use to buy the Blueberry cheesecake. IMO I liked their cheesecakes better then Juniors from New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey