U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:06 AM

7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Terry, what I bought was Triazicide Granules (http://www.spectracide.com/ProductCategories/OutdoorInsecticide/TriazicideSoilTurfGranules/ - broken link), which is probably what you're talking about.

As I said, I don't usually spray but have no other choice. Orthene is a pretty powerful spray.
I just walked around, they're out now that the rain stopped & it's getting warmer.
Thats the stuff : ) Think it will work on these guys?

PEARL HARBOR - AOL Video

Last edited by wileynj; 07-04-2008 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: typo..what else : (
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 11:49 AM

12,284 posts, read 30,949,306 times
last year they were non-existent. i distinctly remember the year prior them swarming around late June so I thought we were off the hook this year, hopefully not!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:53 PM

7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
last year they were non-existent. i distinctly remember the year prior them swarming around late June so I thought we were off the hook this year, hopefully not!
They're here...I just check my trees and they have already started to devour them : ( Heading to Lowes for some spray and some bags before I end up with tree branches with swiss cheese looking leafs!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 06:16 PM

992 posts, read 3,168,876 times
When did they go? The Japanese beetle was introduced to America at Dreer's nursery in Riverton NJ back in the day.

Here's the stuff you should use, but it takes a couple of years to take hold.

Milky Spore Powder for Japanese Beetle Grub Control in Lawns & Gardens at Home Harvest Garden Supply

Traps just attract more than you would have had without traps

Old 07-04-2008, 06:47 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,338,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Can it be that you didn't like to listen to the English Beatles and now other beetles are letting you know that?

All kidding aside:

I'm very sorry about your beetle problem and I hope you'll be able to rid of at least most of them. Have a Happy 4th!

How To Get Rid of Japanese Beetles | eHow.com
NJguy, you are a treasure! I should have come across this post when I had about 35 rose bushes, and, about two years' later, I began to fight the bettles. I put a free advertisement in the paper, this lady came with her spouse, and they dugged them all! I love roses, was even a Rosarian, but the bettles were way too much for me to handle.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:56 PM

3,219 posts, read 5,654,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
NJguy, you are a treasure! I should have come across this post when I had about 35 rose bushes, and, about two years' later, I began to fight the bettles. I put a free advertisement in the paper, this lady came with her spouse, and they dugged them all! I love roses, was even a Rosarian, but the bettles were way too much for me to handle.
Thanks for the compliment but all I did was look it up on eHow

My Mom's grass had a case of grubs about 5 years ago - we peeled back the dirt and seen them all, eliminated what was seen by the naked eye and put on this white powder stuff (never got the name of it) then put new sod. Everything has been good there since.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:25 PM

992 posts, read 3,168,876 times
milky spore disease, Nematodes and Pyrethrum.. I don't like using a lot of poisons but Pyrethrum is made from Mum flowers so it's sorta natural.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:51 PM

6,271 posts, read 15,512,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Lammius - awww..how cute! This poor guy must be really tired - nice of his pal to give him a piggy back ride : )

[SIZE=3]See full-size image[/SIZE]
Yeah... a piggy back ride.... right.... that's what they're doing! LOL

Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 PM

1,914 posts, read 3,050,577 times
I have a small garden, I haven't seen any beetles (two groundhogs, but that's another issue) as of yet BUT my parents who literally live 2 miles away from me have found hundreds of them in their pool on some mornings and my Dad has three catchers up and said that there had to be at least 200 per bag after only having the bags out for 3 days!

Going to head to Lowe's tomorrow and prepare myself!

Yuck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or