U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2008, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,929 posts, read 24,062,349 times
Reputation: 10748

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Hit! You mean runover!!!!!! I must admit though..they sure are cute but not very practical for a family with kids. One step up from a Smart car in my opinion. Did you see the news last night...sales on scooters and mopeds are soaring! Damn I should have bought their stock!

That Smart car is scary..saw one on 46 the other day
May do well over in Europe as most drive small cars, scooters but heck that thing would scare the hell out of me driving on any interstate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 32,106,796 times
Reputation: 3519
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
That Smart car is scary..saw one on 46 the other day
May do well over in Europe as most drive small cars, scooters but heck that thing would scare the hell out of me driving on any interstate
I saw a crash test where they tested the Smart car by ramming it head-on into a concrete barrier at about 45 mph. They also did the same test with a Ford Fiesta or something along those lines. The Smart car definitely held up better in the crash (the Fiesta got utterly destroyed), but as the commentator on the video said "the Smart car definitely survived the crash better than the Fiesta, but the same can't be said of the occupants. I guess if you're willing to consider 'different degrees of dead' they fared better, but in my view, they're still dead either way".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
That Smart car is scary..saw one on 46 the other day
May do well over in Europe as most drive small cars, scooters but heck that thing would scare the hell out of me driving on any interstate
My partner and I are seriously considering buying two of these...how cool!!

Can-Am Spyder roadster: three wheeled motorcycle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,929 posts, read 24,062,349 times
Reputation: 10748
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
My partner and I are seriously considering buying two of these...how cool!!

Can-Am Spyder roadster: three wheeled motorcycle

Cute but a Harley it's not! What's the $$ tag on one of them?
Motorcycles etc scare me as well..used to love them but nobody LOOKS for them on the road...not to bad when riding with a group....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,978,160 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Cute but a Harley it's not! What's the $$ tag on one of them?
Motorcycles etc scare me as well..used to love them but nobody LOOKS for them on the road...not to bad when riding with a group....

Still trying to find out "how much"..there's a place in Ledgewood that sells them..I'm stopping in today to see what they run. I like this as it's similiar to a car..more stability than a regular motorcycle. I'll let you know what they cost when I find out : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Here but I spend time There.
1,972 posts, read 4,818,813 times
Reputation: 556
Here I was getting all excited and hoping to see some mini skirts ....but anyhow, obviously mini's are great for either single or retired people. Families do not need to apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 01:53 PM
 
Location: High Bridge
2,736 posts, read 8,547,815 times
Reputation: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Here I was getting all excited and hoping to see some mini skirts ....but anyhow, obviously mini's are great for either single or retired people. Families do not need to apply.
Back in my childhood years (less than 20 years ago, as I was born in 81), my parents shared a single car - a station wagon.

Why is it now that in order to have a family car it must be an SUV, minivan, or large sedan?

I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Here but I spend time There.
1,972 posts, read 4,818,813 times
Reputation: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Back in my childhood years (less than 20 years ago, as I was born in 81), my parents shared a single car - a station wagon.

Why is it now that in order to have a family car it must be an SUV, minivan, or large sedan?

I don't get it.

Well, I'll dare to say back in those days, Mom & Dad didn't drive us around like if they were our chauffeurs*sp. Also I remember my parents had only one car too, an old subaru and we were a family of 6 and there was no child seats or anything to the likes (I'm talking back in the 70's now) so we were just piled on in the back seat (me been the youngest was no fun) But also Dad was the only one that worked and everything Mom need it was within a walk distance, now everything is miles & miles away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,929 posts, read 24,062,349 times
Reputation: 10748
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Back in my childhood years (less than 20 years ago, as I was born in 81), my parents shared a single car - a station wagon.

Why is it now that in order to have a family car it must be an SUV, minivan, or large sedan?

I don't get it.
Did your Mom work or was she stay at home?
Many families today have both parents working and somebody having to shuttle these kids to after school sports with equipment....a mini cooper is not a car for a family of four
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2008, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry NC/Randolph NJ/Cape Coral FL
12,929 posts, read 24,062,349 times
Reputation: 10748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Well, I'll dare to say back in those days, Mom & Dad didn't drive us around like if they were our chauffeurs*sp. Also I remember my parents had only one car too, an old subaru and we were a family of 6 and there was no child seats or anything to the likes (I'm talking back in the 70's now) so we were just piled on in the back seat (me been the youngest was no fun) But also Dad was the only one that worked and everything Mom need it was within a walk distance, now everything is miles & miles away.
Good point..those child seats take up a lot of space....what's the age/weight requirement where they no longer have to be in a child seat??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top