U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:17 AM

12,284 posts, read 30,968,752 times

Advertisements

I've seen a few smart cars on 287, at least they are "smart" enough to drive in the right lane. Don't know if I'd ever get one - gas mileage isn't as good as it should be and you need premium fuel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 07:21 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,141,665 times
I think if you get hit in one of those "smart" cars, you're toast!

Shanny

Old 07-08-2008, 07:34 AM

7,806 posts, read 7,276,907 times
Scary in a crash is an understatement on the Smartcar. I was taken out by a spinning minivan in Feb. I remember seeing lots and lots of red minivan in front of me with about second before impact. There was the hood of a Taurus between me and him. I don’t like the idea of the "hood" of a Smartcar between me and him.

Impact was hard enough to kill the Taurus. The minivan was traveling fast enough left to right to offset the front of the car 1 inch to the right.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:49 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,123,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
She worked, my brother and I were shuttled around to games, and no, everything was not in walking distance - and what was, wasn't exactly a pleasure walk (Elizabeth).

Last I checked, a mini cooper had seating for four....
You might want to rephrase that- it has "four seats"- I wouldn't say that it has "seating for four" unless you've got several family members with no legs. If you look at most 2-door cars today that's the case, whereas 2-door cars back in the 70s and 80s had plenty of rear seat legroom (and room for other things )

Old 07-08-2008, 08:00 AM

12,945 posts, read 24,083,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
You might want to rephrase that- it has "four seats"- I wouldn't say that it has "seating for four" unless you've got several family members with no legs. If you look at most 2-door cars today that's the case, whereas 2-door cars back in the 70s and 80s had plenty of rear seat legroom (and room for other things )
Bob,

Cu is young....I'd like to revisit this a few years down the road after he's married with a couple of kids...I want to see them and all the crap you cart for kids in a mini cooper

Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

Bob,

Cu is young....I'd like to revisit this a few years down the road after he's married with a couple of kids...I want to see them and all the crap you cart for kids in a mini cooper

a little OT, but we amazed ourselves on vaca a few weeks ago. 2 adults, 3 10 year olds going to OBX - we were able to cart ALL of our stuff (including a huge cooler and tons of food) in a Honda CR-V. We originally had a thule-type thing on the roof, but took it down at some point and was able to fit it in the back.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:51 AM

2,736 posts, read 8,551,927 times
Quote:

Bob,

I've got a sister ten years younger than me.... my brother and i consider her an only child with a few extra incomes available.

I've carted her and her friends around, along with dance equipment and all kinds of other stuff, in my old mercedes, my ram 1500 pickup (std cab, bench seat), a Hyundai Sonata (small sedan), etc.

I had a mini when I went to California in January, I had 4 people in it (all adults), our bags in the trunk.

So my age doesn't exactly factor in. Everyone doesn't need a seat to themselves. I don't see the need for it.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 AM

12,945 posts, read 24,083,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I've got a sister ten years younger than me.... my brother and i consider her an only child with a few extra incomes available.

I've carted her and her friends around, along with dance equipment and all kinds of other stuff, in my old mercedes, my ram 1500 pickup (std cab, bench seat), a Hyundai Sonata (small sedan), etc.

I had a mini when I went to California in January, I had 4 people in it (all adults), our bags in the trunk.

So my age doesn't exactly factor in. Everyone doesn't need a seat to themselves. I don't see the need for it.

LOL but there are only so many seat belts to go around! Remember you reside in the nanny state..lol

Old 07-08-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
LOL but there are only so many seat belts to go around! Remember you reside in the nanny state..lol
and infant seats for the little ones. i had to sell my car b/c i couldn't fit 2 infant seats in the back, and it was a 4/5 seater (legitimate).

most states require seat belt use.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 AM

2,736 posts, read 8,551,927 times
Quote:
Only in the front seat (passengers over 18 years of age atleast )

I think the law should be removed though. Weed out those who don't wear them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey