U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
29,620 posts, read 65,657,734 times
Reputation: 15065

Advertisements

I'm seriously considering purchasing a Mini Cooper Convertible for myself next May as a college graduation gift and ditching my beloved 1999 Ford Contour for something more appropriate for a loud-mouthed liberal such as moi! I already have $2,000 saved for a down payment and will probably have $1,000-$1,500 as a trade-in value on my current sedan, which is pushing 101,000 miles but still purrs like a kitten.


(Image Courtesy of MotoringFile.Com)

Could you all picture me cruising the mean streets of Downtown Scranton whilst blasting "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay?! Me so excited!!! YEE-HAW!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2008, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,975,663 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Mini Cooper Convertible for myself next May as a college graduation gift and ditching my beloved 1999 Ford Contour for something more appropriate for a loud-mouthed liberal such as moi! I already have $2,000 saved for a down payment and will probably have $1,000-$1,500 as a trade-in value on my current sedan, which is pushing 101,000 miles but still purrs like a kitten.


(Image Courtesy of MotoringFile.Com)

Could you all picture me cruising the mean streets of Downtown Scranton whilst blasting "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay?! Me so excited!!! YEE-HAW!!!
Just make sure stop by my sister's, brother's, other sister's or niece's place and take them for a ride : ) My siblings all seem to be transplanting to Scranton!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
29,620 posts, read 65,657,734 times
Reputation: 15065
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Just make sure stop by my sister's, brother's, other sister's or niece's place and take them for a ride : ) My siblings all seem to be transplanting to Scranton!!
Will do! I'm surprised by how many NJ and NY transplants are moving here now. I guess when the locals whine about $1,500 per year in property taxes being "outrageous" they fail to realize that those are a BARGAIN for folks in NJ paying $5,000+ per year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
 
Location: NJ
97 posts, read 436,107 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I have no clue as to the current law, but I know that today even when you have a newborn, you must pass the child seat test before they even let you go home w/ the newborn, this was not the case when we had our son.
the law in NJ is 8 years old or eighty lbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
 
5,617 posts, read 13,391,551 times
Reputation: 2771
Quote:
Originally Posted by scranbarre View Post
i'm seriously considering purchasing a mini cooper convertible for myself next may as a college graduation gift and ditching my beloved 1999 ford contour for something more appropriate for a loud-mouthed liberal such as moi! :d i already have $2,000 saved for a down payment and will probably have $1,000-$1,500 as a trade-in value on my current sedan, which is pushing 101,000 miles but still purrs like a kitten.

http://motoringfile.com/pictures/r57_photo_med.jpg (broken link)
(image courtesy of motoringfile.com)

could you all picture me cruising the mean streets of downtown scranton whilst blasting "viva la vida" by coldplay?! :d me so excited!!! Yee-haw!!!

i love my mini go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,975,663 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Will do! I'm surprised by how many NJ and NY transplants are moving here now. I guess when the locals whine about $1,500 per year in property taxes being "outrageous" they fail to realize that those are a BARGAIN for folks in NJ paying $5,000+ per year!
well... they're not there for the low property taxes. They're there for the benefits - all living on the "dole"!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM
 
1,308 posts, read 4,085,544 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post


Bob,

Cu is young....I'd like to revisit this a few years down the road after he's married with a couple of kids...I want to see them and all the crap you cart for kids in a mini cooper
I will be sitting next to you Kate!! Like watching a parade or maybe the Griswalds trying to cram in a mini cooper.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,975,663 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
hey Mary everyone has their own likes and dislikes, I love the mini, and know if I had kids I would not have bought it, so its not for everyone! Seems you go out of your way to respond to every post I make dispite you dis me at one time. But we know people with families really cant have a mini, it makes no sense! ITs like chinese fire drill in VW bug with 10 people getting out, basically not practical. However for 2 people only the mini is a great car made by BMW!! Some people like it some dont!! I wonder why you keep responding to my posts??? Strange huh??
er ah..it looks like she responded to njkates post not yours...???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
 
5,617 posts, read 13,391,551 times
Reputation: 2771
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
er ah..it looks like she responded to njkates post not yours...???????
I got ya, read it wrong!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,975,663 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I got ya, read it wrong!!!
No harm done : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top