U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,221 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I've been hunting around on the web for information about the best way to get from Society Hill to a train station without having to pay an arm and a leg to park monthly in New Brunswick, or get up at 5:00am to find a parking space on the street in Edison.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Edison station seems the closest to Society Hill, but from what I understand the lot has a queue of several years to park in, and the streets fill up quickly too. I am looking to catch the 8:00am train into the city.

New Brunswick has parking available in the Plum St garage for a monthly fee, but I am trying to avoid paying if I have to. I would also rather not drive. From what I have read, some people are using the shuttle buses. The advice is to "cross over" route 18 to the Busch(?) campus. When I drive out there though, I don't see any place to cross over, and the area seems fenced off.

I also considered Metro Park, but people inform me that the traffic is pretty bad and it seems like I'd have quite a morning drive to get up there.

If anyone has any tips, I would be much obliged!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or