U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Midwest transplant
1,984 posts, read 4,785,666 times
Reputation: 1508

Advertisements

When I lived in NJ and traveled back and forth from undergrad in Michigan, I'd bring friends in to the state via Route 80 and the DWGap. The mountains and valleys were breathtaking to those who were used to the flat terrain of the midwest. Thought this was a better way to introduce them to the state than coming up the NJ Tpk. The next day, when we'd venture into NYC they'd see the industrial side of Tpk. Then I'd take them GSP to the shore area. Hard to believe it's all in the same state.

I love this restaurant, went there once for a summer dinner meal~good food, and such a pleasant dining experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,972,926 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachbeach View Post
When I lived in NJ and traveled back and forth from undergrad in Michigan, I'd bring friends in to the state via Route 80 and the DWGap. The mountains and valleys were breathtaking to those who were used to the flat terrain of the midwest. Thought this was a better way to introduce them to the state than coming up the NJ Tpk. The next day, when we'd venture into NYC they'd see the industrial side of Tpk. Then I'd take them GSP to the shore area. Hard to believe it's all in the same state.

I love this restaurant, went there once for a summer dinner meal~good food, and such a pleasant dining experience.


We went there last weekend for dinner - the prices have gone up alot! The food was decent..not as good as I remember it from way back when... in the days when "Jimmy" was still sitting at the piano : ). It's different and a nice change now and again from eating at one of the many chain restaurants. I was also there a few weeks ago for lunch on a Sunday. That was great...in-expensive and delicious! I would do lunch again in a heartbeat but maybe save dinner there for once a year .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Florida
85 posts, read 203,284 times
Reputation: 22
Millbrook Village in Delaware Water Gap

This is the website for Millbrookvillage on Old Mine Road, near the Gap. Beautiful place that will take you back in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,972,926 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels1978 View Post
Millbrook Village in Delaware Water Gap

This is the website for Millbrookvillage on Old Mine Road, near the Gap. Beautiful place that will take you back in time.
Very cool! Thanks wheels : ) I hear Waterloo Village has been saved..at least for now. That's a short drive for me as well. I haven't been there in years! I'll def. check Millbrook out in the fall. What part of Sussex County are you from originally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Florida
85 posts, read 203,284 times
Reputation: 22
Born and raised in Newton. Riding down back roads of the country was wonderful. So much to see and so many hidden treasures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Stewartsville, NJ
7,577 posts, read 19,972,926 times
Reputation: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels1978 View Post
Born and raised in Newton. Riding down back roads of the country was wonderful. So much to see and so many hidden treasures.

we usually say if your from Newton it's Born In Bred in Newton..lol : ) J/K... I'm sure you are use to all the Sussex County bashings. I think Sussex Co. folk give off that rep. to keep the city folk at bay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2008, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Florida
85 posts, read 203,284 times
Reputation: 22
I am still getting the hay out of my hair...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top