U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 03:25 PM

7,577 posts, read 19,970,589 times

Advertisements

Took a nice ride today up the Jersey side of the Delaware River and ended up at the Walpack in. I use to go there years ago but never think about it anymore as it way out in the middle of the woods in Sussex County. But if anyone is venturing out that way, I highly recommend it : ) The Walpack Inn - Rustic Country Restaurant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 05:52 PM
EB2

1,927 posts, read 5,335,838 times
ohh, I've been wanting to go there for the longest time (way before I even came to NJ for the first time) - ever since I became fascinated with Walpack Center.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
ohh, I've been wanting to go there for the longest time (way before I even came to NJ for the first time) - ever since I became fascinated with Walpack Center.
It's absolutely gorgeous up there! We did a drive along Old Mine Road? last exit on Rt. 80 before you hit the bridge. There are some great State Parks along that road and the views were awesome! I want to go back in the fall when the leaves are changing. We may be headed back up to the Walpack Inn next weekend for diner - birthday diner for my better half

Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 PM
EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
It's absolutely gorgeous up there! We did a drive along Old Mine Road? last exit on Rt. 80 before you hit the bridge. There are some great State Parks along that road and the views were awesome! I want to go back in the fall when the leaves are changing. We may be headed back up to the Walpack Inn next weekend for diner - birthday diner for my better half
I've seen plenty of pictures - and I'll agree.

I'm betting fall will be absolutely gorgeous.

I keep telling my mom, when we win the lotto, we're going there (though, it's very reasonably priced)

Old 07-05-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
I've seen plenty of pictures - and I'll agree.

I'm betting fall will be absolutely gorgeous.

I keep telling my mom, when we win the lotto, we're going there (though, it's very reasonably priced)
Well tell mom, when I win the lottery ; ) I'll pay for you both to move to Nj

Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 PM

I can't wait for fall : ))

Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 PM
EB2

Quote:
Well tell mom, when I win the lottery ; ) I'll pay for you both to move to Nj
Haha, I wish! .

I don't know if she wants to live in NJ. I keep telling her to just visit, and I've nearly gauranteed she'd fall in love with the state...but she won't take my word! (she does say, from the pictures I've shown her, that it's gorgeous, though )

Old 07-05-2008, 06:29 PM
EB2

Quote:
I can't wait for fall : ))

What a beautiful picture.

I've been trying to get my friends up there to take random pictures of random things/places, during random times of day, and sending them to me via internet. I've been horrendously nostalgic lately

Old 07-20-2008, 06:52 AM

85 posts, read 203,256 times
I am getting nostalgic about NJ also EB2, that is how I came to find this forum. That is a beautiful pic of the Gap WileyNJ. I have spent many hours climbing the hills and mountains of NJ and PA. Did you know that around October there is a festival on Old Mine Road and it is wonderful. The volunteers dress in period outfits and cook in black iron pots to give you free samples. There are demonstrations of how things were made back in the day too. It is a wonderful and inexpensive experience for the kids.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels1978 View Post
I am getting nostalgic about NJ also EB2, that is how I came to find this forum. That is a beautiful pic of the Gap WileyNJ. I have spent many hours climbing the hills and mountains of NJ and PA. Did you know that around October there is a festival on Old Mine Road and it is wonderful. The volunteers dress in period outfits and cook in black iron pots to give you free samples. There are demonstrations of how things were made back in the day too. It is a wonderful and inexpensive experience for the kids.
I didn't know about the fall festival but I'll definately check it out this October. I love this area... especially in the fall. I'm only 10? 15 mins. tops from the Water Gap. I love just driving around on all the back roads through that area. It really is, in my opinion, one of the prettiest areas of NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey