U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:09 PM

7,577 posts, read 19,972,926 times

Advertisements

I use to love to go to the drive-in movies. We were searching for a place that we could go to tonight..how cool would it be to watch a movie and see all the fireworks going off around you : )) The closest one for us northern NJians is in Warwick, NJ - Just over the jersey border. I think this would be a great thing to do, especially if you have kids. Let them talk about drive-in movies to their kids when they get older before they ALL disappear . Here's the info. and it looks like Wall e is playing : ))

What's Playing at the Warwick Drive-In Theater (http://webusers.warwick.net/~u1006131/driveinmovie/playing.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 05:21 PM

2,736 posts, read 8,545,601 times
I'd like to go, not to see fireworks and such, but so that I don't have to hear the tools in seats next to me.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I'd like to go, not to see fireworks and such, but so that I don't have to hear the tools in seats next to me.
LOL...there's one in lehighton PA that would be closer for you. Not sure I really want to pay to see WALL E... I'd rather wait for the DVD to come out. Get Smart looks really funny! My kinda humor : )

Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 PM

10,425 posts, read 43,516,050 times
The one I remember best is the one next to the Victory bridge, I guess that is Perth Amboy. They used to show dirty movies and anyone can catch a glimpse of it while traveling up or down 1&9 or even the Parkway Bridge. Man that was more then 35 years ago.

I seem to recall one also on Oak Tree Rd. as a kid.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
LOL...there's one in lehighton PA that would be closer for you. Not sure I really want to pay to see WALL E... I'd rather wait for the DVD to come out. Get Smart looks really funny! My kinda humor : )
Eh, I don't go see movies in theatres anymore... costs too much money.

I'm just cranky, I was hoping to finish my 4th of july special projects... and then I twisted my ankle today. Been laid up since.

So I won't be driving anywhere anyway

Old 07-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Eh, I don't go see movies in theatres anymore... costs too much money.

I'm just cranky, I was hoping to finish my 4th of july special projects... and then I twisted my ankle today. Been laid up since.

So I won't be driving anywhere anyway
Schleprock! How did you do that!!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
The one I remember best is the one next to the Victory bridge, I guess that is Perth Amboy. They used to show dirty movies and anyone can catch a glimpse of it while traveling up or down 1&9 or even the Parkway Bridge. Man that was more then 35 years ago.

I seem to recall one also on Oak Tree Rd. as a kid.
We use to go to the one in Ledgewood all the time. We use to sneak in..hide in the trunk..lol - ahhh the good old days!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Schleprock! How did you do that!!
Cleaning the gutters, came back in through the window (slipper wood floor), with an excited 60lb mutt wanting attention, and a slipping I go....

And all I had left to do was one coat of paint and mount the damn thing, but if I did this (with my gf already knowing I twisted it, knowing the mount isn't done), I would get in trouble with the local government (read: gf).

So now I'm useless on the couch lol

Old 07-05-2008, 06:32 PM

272 posts, read 1,034,621 times
Default An Interesting Link

Drive-In Theater

Drive-ins and Drive-in Movie Theatres at DriveinMovie.com

Old 07-05-2008, 06:34 PM

That brings back so many memories : ) How many of you drove away with the speaker still attached : ))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey