U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:47 PM

2,736 posts, read 8,545,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTexan View Post
Keep in mind that the state population of Tennessee is a little over 4 million. New Jersey is DOUBLE.

Also keep in mind that more then half of our population is in Middle and West Tennessee. No, you're not going to get a TON of replies.

If you want to stay in New Jersey, trust me.. no one will shed a tear down here.

Good Luck !
NJ has double the population, and a fraction of the size... maybe thats saying something. Or perhaps the fact that the attitude comes from TN and not NJ, despite the stereotype.

So, like I said, I'm fantastic.... err... as well as other people here in NJ. By association. To me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 07:16 PM

433 posts, read 832,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njplay View Post
I'm new here, and am pretty delighted to find this site. I absolutely adore NJ, I've grown up in Hasbrouck Heights, went to school in Hoboken, lived in Brigantine, Spring Lake Heights and now have settled in Springfield. Hope to be able to share information in the future. Right now working on a community project about nj playgrounds, which I'm sure I'll be searching posts shortly... No idea about the other states' boards, but totally agree that this board has a great group of really helpful posters, NJ rocks..

I'm new on this board too. And yes, NJ rocks, you betcha!

Old 07-05-2008, 07:32 PM

14,933 posts, read 26,635,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50something View Post
Just a comment: I think it's VERY interesting that I've received several helpful responses from New Jersey forum participants, while I've received only a few in the TN (Chattanooga & Knoxville) forums. Here's something even more interesting.... most of the responses in the TN forum were from two NEW JERSEY natives who are currently living in TN. Wonder if that means anything??????
I don't think that this is a very helpful post. I honestly did not know how to answer your posts in the TN forum as I didn't have relevant or relative information. Your demographics are so different than so many of us that frequent the TN forum. Also, you posed your questions during the July 4th holiday and so many of the regular posters are on holiday.

Best of luck to you.

SMG
Moderator, Tennessee forums

Old 07-05-2008, 07:37 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,340,870 times
Default reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50something View Post
Hey, I thought I'd get at least one rep point for this post!!!
Here ya go!

Old 07-05-2008, 07:39 PM

7,577 posts, read 19,972,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I don't think that this is a very helpful post. I honestly did not know how to answer your posts in the TN forum as I didn't have relevant or relative information. Your demographics are so different than so many of us that frequent the TN forum. Also, you posed your questions during the July 4th holiday and so many of the regular posters are on holiday.

Best of luck to you.

SMG
Moderator, Tennessee forums
I don't think it was meant to insult the TN forumers... just an observation is the way I'm reading it? I see no insults?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I don't think it was meant to insult the TN forumers... just an observation is the way I'm reading it? I see no insults?
You beat me to it. Heck reps for you too! I find that this forum is more helpful than some others. It's rare that a question gets no response.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,280,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I do think it was meant to insult TN forumers. There is a northern attitude that sounds insulting to people from the south. Yes, I moved from NJ to Tennessee, but after 2 years here, I know think like a Tennessean.
Smokymountain girl is right that most are celebrating the July 4th holidays here. I know Nashville, had 2 staight days of concerts downtown, some free.The 4th is a big holiday here. I don't post on the mentioned boards because I live in the Nashville Area and he have seperate boards for each part of the state.

Diane G

Old 07-05-2008, 08:06 PM

14,933 posts, read 26,635,658 times
I didn't say it was insulting; I said I didn't find the post here helpful.

I miss shopping in New Jersey so much! OMGosh, the outlets with no sales tax......... I could cry. Have a great evening!

Old 07-05-2008, 08:26 PM

Hey, don't leave, most of us totally understood you

Old 07-05-2008, 08:30 PM

1,508 posts, read 5,383,399 times
Thumbs up NJ did

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
Hey, don't leave, most of us totally understood you
at least the people from NJ understood you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey