U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 03:42 PM

119 posts, read 403,078 times

Advertisements

Why do people hate on Camden county? It's probably one of my favorites. It does have some ****ty areas like any other county (Pennsauken, Camden, Lindenwold), but it has a lot of really, really nice towns like Voorhees, Cherry Hill, Collingswood, Haddonfield, and some of the other regular middle-class suburban neighborhoods that don't even feel like they are 15 minutes from a major US city.

I also like Burlington, Bergen, Hudson, and Monmouth a lot. I haven't been to a lot of counties in north Jersey but there's probably a little something I like in each. I grew up all my life in Ocean so I don't really care for it, but I do like Toms River, Brick and the shore towns. I dislike Salem (rode through there once last summer and it felt like I was suddenly in rural Kansas), and Cumberland for being useless counties unless you like being far away from everything. I probably would dislike Ocean a lot for that reason if it weren't for the northern part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 03:44 PM

119 posts, read 403,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
You are going to find jersgrl that this forum is slanted about 90% towards Northern NJ talk. Many threads that inquire about towns south of I-195, and especially south of Camden are often not even responded to. I think it's just a consequence of population dispersion throughout the state.
How come everyone thinks that everything in south Jersey is desolate? Even though it is a lot less populace, Camden, upper Burlington, Gloucester and those counties right outside of Philly are still part of one of the top largest metropolitan areas in the country..

Old 04-25-2009, 04:45 PM

1,538 posts, read 5,135,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senorspringfield View Post
Currently i reside in Springfield, which is a pretty quaint town, although it is starting to shift like Irvington did in the 70s.
could you elaborate? not trying to be contentious - just curious.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:36 PM

5,969 posts, read 7,426,802 times
The Best New Jersey counties in my opinion are Camden, Essex, and Hudson.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:26 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,430,872 times
Combination of southern Monmouth and northern Ocean. Very parallel areas, great beaches, tons of things to do and plenty of waterfront for boating and coastal living. Straight shot up I-195 to get "out west" and to Philly and not a terrible headache to get to NYC, either. Taxes aren't as outrageous as many other places.

Awesome restaurants as well.

(Towns: Spring Lake, Sea Girt, Spring Lake Heights, Manasquan, Wall, Pt. Pleasant, Pt. Pleasant Beach, Bay Head, Mantoloking, Lavallette, Brick, Toms River.)

Old 04-26-2009, 08:27 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,430,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
The Best New Jersey counties in my opinion are Camden, Essex, and Hudson.
Only if you're a corrupt politician.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:46 PM

199 posts, read 458,466 times
Worst
Essex
Bergen
Hudson

Best
Sussex
Hunterdon
Morris

Can't really comment on the South Jersey counties since I grew up in Morris county and only visited South Jersey while driving through to Philly or points further south.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 PM

538 posts, read 2,182,215 times
Hands down, without a doubt, Hunterdon County. Why? Its the only county in NJ without a single bad town. Every town is good, every school is good. Lowest crime in NJ and a beautiful landscape to top it off.

Bad side- taxes are outrageous. You get what you pay for.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:04 PM

593 posts, read 1,397,913 times
Don't know about my favorite but my least favorites are Passiac and Bergen County. Passiac is a wasteland and Bergen is a wasteland with a bunch of rich people in it.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:17 PM

9 posts, read 25,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Don't know about my favorite but my least favorites are Passiac and Bergen County. Passiac is a wasteland and Bergen is a wasteland with a bunch of rich people in it.
south pasaic county is a waste land cuz of paterson and pasaic but I'll give it to u on bergen county
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or