U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:14 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,709,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
I could see where you're coming from on that. It is a beautiful picture-esque area but does seem like it is in the middle of nowhere and very difficult to get to. But in that case let's hope it stays as undeveloped as it is now and doesn't become "suburbanized".
Ever been on 23 or 94 for rush hour...i mean, crawl? The secret is out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 09:25 PM

877 posts, read 2,363,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey15 View Post
And not really sure what top schools you're referring to, but I can't think of many in middlesex.
Highland Park, East Brunswick, Edison, Metuchen, Monroe, Spotswood, Plainsboro (incl. West Windsor Mercer Co). All ranked much higher than any school in Freehold Regional HS district. Monmouth County schools overall are actually ranked much lower than others in similar demographics.

But whatever I'm tired of having this argument. I grew up in Manalapan and I don't like Monmouth County and my experiences there have given me a bad taste for that whole area. Give me Middlesex any day. I can tell you quality of life is much better here in my experiences. But whatever like I said I'm tired of having this argument.

And I really never knew that many people disliked Middlesex until I came to this board. And it still doesn't make sense to me why people dislike it so much. It is probably my second favorite place in the state, second to only the Philly burbs. People who live here don't realize how good they have it.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:39 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,709,678 times
Quote:
Highland Park, East Brunswick, Edison, Metuchen, Monroe, Spotswood, Plainsboro (incl. West Windsor Mercer Co). All ranked much higher than any school in Freehold Regional HS district. Monmouth County schools overall are actually ranked much lower than others in similar demographics.

But whatever I'm tired of having this argument. I grew up in Manalapan and I don't like Monmouth County and my experiences there have given me a bad taste for that whole area. Give me Middlesex any day. I can tell you quality of life is much better here in my experiences. But whatever like I said I'm tired of having this argument.

And I really never knew that many people disliked Middlesex until I came to this board. And it still doesn't make sense to me why people dislike it so much. It is probably my second favorite place in the state, second to only the Philly burbs. People who live here don't realize how good they have it.
I'll back up Middlesex over Monmouth. Monmouth is mostly strip mall hell outside of the shore towns. Travel too far west on 195 and you might as well be in Appalachia

Old 10-19-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I'll back up Middlesex over Monmouth. Monmouth is mostly strip mall hell outside of the shore towns. Travel too far west on 195 and you might as well be in Appalachia
Yup, yuppified strip mall hell on obsolete roads. Horrible traffic makes me want to eat glass! And those beaches are second rate anyway. Beaches in Ocean, Atlantic and Cape May Counties are superior in virtually every way!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Ever been on 23 or 94 for rush hour...i mean, crawl? The secret is out
Actually no. That's the Vernon area isn't it? Had some friends from college who lived up there. Never drove 23 during the rush though.

206 through Andover has always been quite pleasant though, although there is that one shopping center in Byram I think by the Quick Chek that gets congested.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 PM

111 posts, read 364,702 times
Quote:
Rt 18 though EB would be my definition of strip mall hell.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey15 View Post
Rt 18 though EB would be my definition of strip mall hell.
How about Rt 9 through Manalapan and Marlboro and the entire vicinity around Raceway Mall? It would be improved nicely if they put another lane in the road each way and got rid of most of the lights there.

And the eyesore of Rt 35 from Cliffwood down to Red Bank as well, what a dump! And the one lane each way with the center turn lane through Wall Twp. How about that during rush hour, similarly Rt 34 in Aberdeen UGH!!!

This is what I mean by obsolete infrastructure, amongst other things. Not to mention an unusually large number of traffic circles still present throughout, including the one they recently ADDED by the entrance to Brookdale in Lincroft!

The only road in Monmouth County that is up to date with its current level of traffic congestion is the Parkway, with its local and express lanes, and you have to pay a toll to use that.

Rt 18 though East Brunswick is the only major artery in Middlesex that ISN'T up to date with its traffic volume. Have you seen the very nice improvement made to Rt 1 through Menlo Park? It is actually very nice to drive through there now. That would be a very welcome addition made to Rts 9 and 35, don't you think?

I got tired of getting stuck behind slow drivers cutting me off at a nose's length and slowing me down doing 20 under on Newman Springs Rd on the way to Brookdale every morning those years ago. In the 2-1/2 years I went there I found ways around that road to avoid the many miles of gridlock and one clogged lane of traffic.

Those messes would not be allowed to sit there like that in Middlesex County for any period of time. I've been proven right by the improvements being made to Rt 1 as we speak.

For the amount of money in taxes they pay, Monmouth County residents don't deserve that.

Monmouth County is full of "weirdos" too.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:26 AM

12,284 posts, read 30,983,899 times
Quote:
Because it is. That person lives in the Eatontown area which is not that yuppified yet.

More and more I think you have something against me. Since you like to either oppose or question every statement I make on this board.
you can't give an objective opinion:

"Monmouth County sucks and is full of materialistic yuppied snobs"....."oh except Eatontown, YET"

"Middlesex County is great, you should always live here before Monmouth"...."oh, except East Brunswick, it's snobby and snotty"

"Somerset County is in the middle of nowhere and isn't packed densily enough"....."Honestly I'm not all that familiar with the area"

Your posts are full of superlatives - either a place is heaven on earth or it's hell (at a county level, and everyone knows each county has postives and negatives). A place has everything or "I cannot imagine why someone would ever live there". I don't know how old you are, but you come across as young and someone who doesn't understand what families could be looking for.

Take this for what it's worth.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:35 AM

22,791 posts, read 21,843,420 times
Quote:
That's why I like Monmouth County.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:27 PM

2,884 posts, read 3,197,632 times
I am torn between Hunterdon and Monmouth for best county.
Middlesex is the taint of NJ counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or