U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:46 PM

217 posts, read 1,006,300 times

Advertisements

Damn my favorite is gonna be hard to choose, i love bergen, essex, and hudson... since i grew up in bergen im gonna say bergen. but hudson is a reall close second followin essex

the worst

Union- Dirty
Cumberland- BORING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 PM

517 posts, read 1,635,494 times
Thumbs up wow- proud of Union County

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TOWN-R.I.P. View Post
Union County isn't just Elizabeth. It has Cranford, Westfield, Springfield, Mountainside, New Providence and Summit. Towns that most of the people posting here will never afford to live in. So please, stop with all the hate on Union County to justify the fact that you can't afford to live here. Western Union County is better than anyplace in Middlesex and Monmouth counties (with the possible exception of Rumson and Spring Lake).

Middlesex County: White trash galore.

Monmouth County: Transplanted Brooklynites and people who are now commuting an hour longer because they can't afford to live closer to NYC.

Western Union County: If you don't live in Rumson or Spring Lake, please don't criticize because Cranford, Westfield, Springfield, Mountainside, New Providence and Summit is likely better than any town you live in.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Good for you defending Union County!

I too am from Elizabeth but couldn't afford to buy a house in Union County or Middlesex. Therefore, I went over the bridge and have a house in Monmouth County. It's a good county too, though. I love Union but this is NICE! Keep defending our Union County but don't put down the others- don't go to that level

M

Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM

525 posts, read 1,788,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------

Good for you defending Union County!

I too am from Elizabeth but couldn't afford to buy a house in Union County or Middlesex. Therefore, I went over the bridge and have a house in Monmouth County. It's a good county too, though. I love Union but this is NICE! Keep defending our Union County but don't put down the others- don't go to that level

M
Iím sorry. Iím not trying to be condescending, I just sense a lot of negativity towards Union County from people who seem to have ďulterior motivesĒ and others drive down 1&9 and see Elizabeth and Linden and think thatís all there is to Union County. And thatís nonsense. For example, my two favorite counties (outside of Union) are Bergen and Monmouth. But I know that both Bergen and Monmouth have a few seedy spots, but I donít hold that against the county, as a whole. For example, check out the ludicrous statement made by one poster on this thread. Heís calling Union County ďdirtyĒ while going on to say that two of his favorite counties are Essex and Hudson. LMFAO!!! Essex that features Newark and Irvington Ö and Hudson with Jersey City and Secaucus. Thatís not dirty??? Yeah, sure, pal.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM

217 posts, read 1,006,300 times
Quote:
For example, check out the ludicrous statement made by one poster on this thread. Heís calling Union County ďdirtyĒ while going on to say that two of his favorite counties are Essex and Hudson. LMFAO!!! Essex that features Newark and Irvington Ö and Hudson with Jersey City and Secaucus. Thatís not dirty??? Yeah, sure, pal.
They dont call elizabeth the armpit of NJ for nothin. And i dont smell a terrible smell in JC.. its when i hit Union County i smell it. Thats what i consider dirty... pal

Old 07-07-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDaSack View Post
They dont call elizabeth the armpit of NJ for nothin. And i dont smell a terrible smell in JC.. its when i hit Union County i smell it. Thats what i consider dirty... pal
Newark is the armpit of New Jersey ... pal. And I smell a terrible smell every time I pass through Newark, Jersey City and Secaucus ... pal. And, BTW, I live in Westfield, which I can guarantee is better than the town you live in ... pal.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM

195 posts, read 572,166 times
Bergen County

Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM

148 posts, read 579,918 times
man you people really kill linden on these boards...its really not that bad.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:06 PM

45 posts, read 185,393 times
Quote:
Union County isn't just Elizabeth. It has Cranford, Westfield, Springfield, Mountainside, New Providence and Summit. Towns that most of the people posting here will never afford to live in. So please, stop with all the hate on Union County to justify the fact that you can't afford to live here. Western Union County is better than anyplace in Middlesex and Monmouth counties (with the possible exception of Rumson and Spring Lake).

Middlesex County: White trash galore.

Monmouth County: Transplanted Brooklynites and people who are now commuting an hour longer because they can't afford to live closer to NYC.

Western Union County: If you don't live in Rumson or Spring Lake, please don't criticize because Cranford, Westfield, Springfield, Mountainside, New Providence and Summit is likely better than any town you live in.
While I agree that Union County isn't even close to being the worst county in NJ, your generalizations of Middlesex and Monmouth Counties are just as bad as the people who base all of Union County off of Elizabeth and Union, lol.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyLover21 View Post
While I agree that Union County isn't even close to being the worst county in NJ, your generalizations of Middlesex and Monmouth Counties are just as bad as the people who base all of Union County off of Elizabeth and Union, lol.
Youíre preaching to the choir!!! All Iím saying is that Iíve noticed quite a few posters trashing Union County on this board after inquiring about houses in Summit, Westfield, New Providence, etc. Ö Then months later, theyíre trashing the same towns they tried to buy into to justify their McMansion in Monroe and 2-hour commute to NYC. Itís hypocritical and thatís all Iím trying to point out here.

And Iíll be the first to admit that Union Countyís got its problems (like many other counties do) and many of its cities have gone downhill (I moved from Elizabeth because it turned into a third-world country). But if youíre going to knock it, at least be a bit subjective. As far as my critiques, a lot of that was in jest Ė just trying to show others how they sound on this thread. In actuality, Iíve always like Monmouth County, though Iíve never been a big fan of Middlesex County. But, hey, to each his own.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:27 PM

6,493 posts, read 9,822,626 times
Worst:

Bergen
Essex
Hudson
Middlesex
Union

People are rude and they drive like a-holes. Plus it's way too congested, not sure how I used to breathe when I lived in Essex.

Best:

Sussex
Warren
Hunterdon

People are friendly and not in such a darn rush. Of course the mountains, lakes and farms make it even better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or