U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:47 PM

1,972 posts, read 4,817,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
How's that Caribean (sp) place in Newton? I went past it today..looks ok?
You know, very dissapointed w/ it, they're consistently inconsistent, one day it's awesome the next it's a POS. Last time I was there, family was visiting during Xmas, took them there and let's just say I haven't been back, on a scale from 1 to 10, it gets a 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 02:50 PM

7,577 posts, read 19,972,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
You know, very dissapointed w/ it, they're consistently inconsistent, one day it's awesome the next it's a POS. Last time I was there, family was visiting during Xmas, took them there and let's just say I haven't been back, on a scale from 1 to 10, it gets a 2.

Hummm..perhaps they need a few illegals working there..one's that know how to make that kind of grub . Visited Newton Shoprite today...not as many "do lallies" as my partners call them (local inbreeds). Newton needs a good cleaning! It could be a great town!

Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Hummm..perhaps they need a few illegals working there..one's that know how to make that kind of grub . Visited Newton Shoprite today...not as many "do lallies" as my partners call them (local inbreeds). Newton needs a good cleaning! It could be a great town!

So close yet so far away <sigh> lol Next time stop by we'll have a Tea party w/ sconces and those little sandwiches. My DW is into the Tea thing (Hats & all). I'd say Newton is a good 10 years away from becoming the "Spot" for Sussex county.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
So close yet so far away <sigh> lol Next time stop by we'll have a Tea party w/ sconces and those little sandwiches. My DW is into the Tea thing (Hats & all). I'd say Newton is a good 10 years away from becoming the "Spot" for Sussex county.
So she must be a regular at the "Tea Hive" on Rt. 94 then : ) Take her to Wilbur's Country Store. The owner is English and she has some tea collection!

Old 07-07-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
So she must be a regular at the "Tea Hive" on Rt. 94 then : ) Take her to Wilbur's Country Store. The owner is English and she has some tea collection!
Believe it or not, no we've never been to the Tea Hive (it's a long story). DW has her own tea room w/ all the tea cups and saucers and Tea Pots, I didnt' know that about wilbur's, I'll mention it to her.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Believe it or not, no we've never been to the Tea Hive (it's a long story). DW has her own tea room w/ all the tea cups and saucers and Tea Pots, I didnt' know that about wilbur's, I'll mention it to her.
Well take her to the HUGE crafts fair at Wilbur's this weekend..she'll love it! It's on Rt. 94 in Frelinghuysen - Warren County for anyone else who wants to go : )

Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Well take her to the HUGE crafts fair at Wilbur's this weekend..she'll love it! It's on Rt. 94 in Frelinghuysen - Warren County for anyone else who wants to go : )
Here's the information:

Wilburís Country Fair Set

Frelinghuysen - Wilburís Country Craft Fair will beheld Saturday and Sunday, July 12 and13, rain or shine at Wilburís Country Store and Barn Shops, 735, Route 94, eight miles south of Newton.

Show hours are 10 a.m. to 4 : 30 p.m. both days. Admission and parking are free.
This is the 28 th year for the show, which attracts crafters from four different states. Some 50 crafters assemble for the week-end, their crafts include: jewelry, ceramics, pottery, quilting, folk art, dolls and country wood items, silk and dried flower arrangements, leather items, painted slates , pillows and toys, childrenís clothes, art in many forms, bird houses, pressed flower pictures, handmade baskets more.

Food and drinks will be on sale all day provided by the First Presbyterian Church of Blairstown.

The show is run by Wilburís Country Store, part of an old bam complex, circa 1847 that has been tastefully turned into six charming little gift shops.

The shops will be open during the show, they include;

Wilburís Country Store - Unusual Country Gifts, plus English food and candy. Village Green Properties ē Real Estate Agents.
Erin Mills Photography - Weddings ~ Portrait sittings - framed prints.

Main Street Bazaar - Home furnishings and Giftware

For more information call

908-362-8833.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:43 PM

6,469 posts, read 9,808,127 times
Quote:
I too was in Clinton yesterday!!! And Flemington. What a cute town Flemington is...crappy outlets but nice town. I think the BBQ place is called "The BBQ place" ..lol - I don't thing anyone knows the real name : )
The house in Port Murray...not bad - looks like a cheap job though - they went "blue"..and not a nice blue
I think the BBQ place you are talking about is called Winner's Circle. Ol' West BBQ down on Rt. 31 in Clinton is awesome, tons or tasty BBQ for dirt cheap.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:45 PM

6,469 posts, read 9,808,127 times
Quote:
I agree, don't people know about all the trees and gypsy moths or bears & deer crossing the roads and oh my we don't have any shops or restaurants either, no night life, just critters & creatures at night...stay away you hear??...stay away from warren & sussex county.....y'all been warned ::::loading shotgun:::
Let me know if you need backup...BF is always ready for shootin'.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Let me know if you need backup...BF is always ready for shootin'.
:::spitting tobbaco to dirt floor::: We're gonna have ourselves some 'coon huntin tonight umhm, just make sure he brings ova the sheets :::wiping mouf w/ forearm::::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or