U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2008, 08:32 AM

72 posts, read 276,621 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of Robson Farm in Wrightstown or Johnson Farm in Medford? Both are in Burlington County. I'm looking for a fun place to take 3 year olds to pick blueberries and peaches. I'm open to other recommendations, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 AM

1,508 posts, read 5,385,908 times
Lightbulb More farms

DeWolf Farms off Rt. 539

also this might help you....
Where to Find a Pick-Your-Own Farm in Central New Jersey

Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,367,085 times
I have been to Johnson farm twice. My daughter went corn picking last summer when she was 2 1/2 and then in the fall pumpkin picking. She really enjoyed it. She loved seeing the farm animals too. I thought some of the prices where a little high but not terrible.

I've also been to Terhune's in Princeton for blueberry picking. This was also good. It had been a rainy day so it was a bit muddy and humid. They had Pony rides but my daughter was too scared to do it.

Just based on how much my daughter loved animals I have to say Johnson's was better.

Whatever you do, take a camera and have a great time.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:48 AM

29 posts, read 140,718 times
Johnsons Farm in Medford is fun for kids but can get pretty crowded. Also a little more pricey then some of the others. But they do have the animals and some other activities. We usually go to Conte Farms in Tabernacle. Went there this weekend for blueberry picking. Not as commercial as Johnsons but you can get in and out much quicker.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 AM

72 posts, read 283,014 times
There is a NJ state website.
Jersey Fresh

If you are looking for a small organic blueberry u-pick, try Earth Friendly Organic Farm in Clarskburg, NJ, near Great Adventure. Small, not crowded, w/ a picnic area (you are really at someone's house/B&B). There are other organic fruit u-picks there too, and you can purchase some fresh veggies as well (no eggs this year).
Earth Friendly Organic Farm

Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 AM

76 posts, read 402,362 times
I don't have kids or any recommendations, but this is a great idea! It's nice to see parents doing fun outdoor activities with their kids that connect them with where their food comes from, all while supporting local farms. It's much better than plopping them down in front of Nickelodeon (though I'm sure there's a lot of that too--y'know, for sanity's sake!).

Old 07-07-2008, 06:08 PM

72 posts, read 276,621 times
Thanks to everybody for your feedback and additional info. We're always trying to find new things to keep the kids busy and stimulated (not always easy).

Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM

1,983 posts, read 6,585,742 times
Johnson Farm in Medford is great, very active farm for the kids, can get some ice cream too. Medford was named one of National Geographic's Best 'Small Town Escapes' in the US, very nice town.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,546 times
Default Pumpkin Picking

I discovered the best hay ride and pumpkin picking is on a wonderful hilly farm in Jobstown on rt 537. They don't charge much, there are no crowds or ticket takers, and the farm is a real working one and not a commercial operation with staged farm animals. They give you a 45 minute ride through the farm and stop to feed the herd of cattle roaming out in the hills before they take you to the pumpkin patch. My kids have a wonderful time and wanted to pick everything in site. The owners are in the farm store actually making things out of the fruits and meats grown on the place. While were there we saw them rolling pie crust to put on the apple pies. I want to come back and get one for Thanksgiving.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:06 PM

5,340 posts, read 12,355,029 times
I know it has been recommended elsewhere, but Alstede's Farm in Chester is a great place too. Last year we picked pumpkins, corn, apples, raspberries and apples. Took a hay ride and had one of the greatest days ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey