U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 AM

1,446 posts, read 4,414,619 times

Advertisements

You really don't know who is legal and who is not and have no power on that one. You should focus on what you can control in your environment with having to move being a last resort.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 10:34 AM

217 posts, read 1,005,830 times
Dont be racist about it!
i had white crazy neibors to, he ended up breaking his wifes arm and she still stayed with him! ??? thats crazy.
But your not racist to hispanics, your against immagrants. Because hispanics born here are usually great people!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:43 AM

45 posts, read 110,298 times
find an apartment on the top floor! i'm not kidding. i've had noise problems with every upstairs neighbor i've ever had. (some worse than others, of course.) now i'm on the top floor and no noise! although the roof did leak into my apartment... can't win 'em all.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:49 AM

12,935 posts, read 24,066,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ K View Post
I am only awake right now because my upstairs neighbors are pathologically incapable of being quiet. Ever since they moved in, I have had to pound on the walls from 11 PM to 3 AM, because there is CONSTANT STOMPING, RUNNING, FURNITURE MOVING, THROWING HEAVY OBJECTS ONTO THE HARDWOOD FLOOR! At 3 AM, the TV goes on for the rest of the night. At 6 AM, I wake to the same horrible rap album being blasted for 90 minutes. I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night for months, which causes so many serious health effects and quality of life issues I won't even mention them all here. I know they hear me pound on the walls, but then 5 seconds later after pausing, they go right back to what they were doing.

The association has done nothing even though I reported it in writing two weeks ago.

Someone just threw something heavy on the floor AGAIN and started stomping around, so I pounded even LOUDER even though I know they can hear me, and I ACCIDENTALLY PUT A HOLE IN MY WALL! AHH! I just went up there at 12:30 AM right now to confront them once and for all, and every light in the apartment was on, there was a bigscreen tv going, with 7 people all awake packed in one room! That isn't even legal in a tiny two bedroom apartment (keep in mind that this is a daily/nightly pattern).

Is Mexico trying to only export the people whose IQs haven't cracked 3 digits? This is a consistent issue I have had with upstairs neighbors, because the landlord herself is an immigrant (I think illegal, though I don't know how she'd get the apartment in that case) and only rents to illegal Hispanics who are ghetto, slow learners.

I hate to say this since I am a liberal, but my experiences are so consistent I can't deny them anymore. I haven't had problems with my non-immigrant white neighbors. What happened to this formerly nice, quiet township?

I love this area, but I'll uproot if I have to. Where can I go where this isn't a problem? I live in a nice township in Monmouth County. WOW, the stomping is starting again now! Even after a visit from me! What dumb, ghetto a s s h o l e s!

Please help! Sympathy? R.I.P. Non-racist NJ K.

How do I fix this situation/avert these new racist feelings? I don't want to groan every time a new Hispanic person moves in!
I would venture to guess you are in Freehold????
7 people in a 2 bedroom apt more then likely violates occupancy codes...start complaining there
Your town more then likely has a noise ordinance after 10Pm..call the cops
Last resort..if you know they are illegal call ICE and keep calling & calling
Other then that your only option is to move

Old 07-07-2008, 10:51 AM

106 posts, read 278,284 times
I had legal white Americans living above my apartment who would play this music with a horribly repetitive beat all day and up to 3 am in the morning. I'd call it in and they'd stop for 10 mins.

They've moved and now I have legal black Americans who always seem to be moving furniture or doing step aerobics or something till the wee hours of the morning.

Both of these cases are annoying and when I can't take it anymore I call the courtesy officer on the grounds. But my upstairs neighbours being rude has nothing to do with their race or nationality although that would be the easy way out since I'm foreign. If I came in here ranting about rude loud americans wouldn't I seem silly to be making judgments about an entire group of people based on my 2 experiences?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:39 PM

5,617 posts, read 13,395,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I would venture to guess you are in Freehold????
7 people in a 2 bedroom apt more then likely violates occupancy codes...start complaining there
Your town more then likely has a noise ordinance after 10Pm..call the cops
Last resort..if you know they are illegal call ICE and keep calling & calling
Other then that your only option is to move
again the voice of reason!!! Kate for office!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 PM

76 posts, read 402,314 times
Another night, another ruined bout of beautiful sleep. I was so comfortable....

Now it seems to be a battle of "who can drop the heaviest object from the highest height?" I wish you people could hear what I'm hearing. I can't even imagine what could possibly make these sounds.

I will never live in a lower level apartment again.

Yes, I can't generalize to all races, but I absolutely know if I move from here and get new Hispanic neighbors again I'm going die inside. I know it's not only Hispanics though, which is the upsetting thing! It's probably a class issue, which happens to correlate with race. But I can't be a sanctimonious, morally superior leftist anymore, which bums me out, because I really liked feeling better than conservatives.

Someone guessed it: I'm in Freehold, except I'm in a nice section of Freehold Township--not the Borough! That's why this non-fluent Russian landlord person is of concern to me, because I could have normal neighbors if it weren't for her proclivity for scrounging around the ghetto for idiots.

Sorry if the racism bit is offending anyone. I only mentioned it to find ways to nip that in the bud along with the noise issue. Honest self-awareness in all of us could go a long way in preventing these diseased memes from festering into something worse. It's interesting that maybe some people who feel intellectually superior for not being racist may simply be benefiting from their class status and not their intelligence, since they've been sheltered from the experiences that might have triggered some of our inherent, uglier cognitive flaws.

Where should I move? I love Monmouth. I wish I could rent a little one bedroom ranch home so I wouldn't have noise issues. I'm relatively young, so I considered moving to New Brunswick and rooming in a house with grad students, but it could be hit or miss with them too, no matter how stringent my standards during the interview process.

I really appreciate all your understanding responses again. I am not someone who "does well" when chronically sleep deprived. Where should I move to avoid noise issues from any race? Don't suggest neighborhoods with lots of barking dogs, either!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:28 PM

13,467 posts, read 14,456,841 times
Quote:
I am only awake right now because my upstairs neighbors are pathologically incapable of being quiet. Ever since they moved in, I have had to pound on the walls from 11 PM to 3 AM, because there is CONSTANT STOMPING, RUNNING, FURNITURE MOVING, THROWING HEAVY OBJECTS ONTO THE HARDWOOD FLOOR! At 3 AM, the TV goes on for the rest of the night. At 6 AM, I wake to the same horrible rap album being blasted for 90 minutes. I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night for months, which causes so many serious health effects and quality of life issues I won't even mention them all here. I know they hear me pound on the walls, but then 5 seconds later after pausing, they go right back to what they were doing.

The association has done nothing even though I reported it in writing two weeks ago.

Someone just threw something heavy on the floor AGAIN and started stomping around, so I pounded even LOUDER even though I know they can hear me, and I ACCIDENTALLY PUT A HOLE IN MY WALL! AHH! I just went up there at 12:30 AM right now to confront them once and for all, and every light in the apartment was on, there was a bigscreen tv going, with 7 people all awake packed in one room! That isn't even legal in a tiny two bedroom apartment (keep in mind that this is a daily/nightly pattern).

Is Mexico trying to only export the people whose IQs haven't cracked 3 digits? This is a consistent issue I have had with upstairs neighbors, because the landlord herself is an immigrant (I think illegal, though I don't know how she'd get the apartment in that case) and only rents to illegal Hispanics who are ghetto, slow learners.

I hate to say this since I am a liberal, but my experiences are so consistent I can't deny them anymore. I haven't had problems with my non-immigrant white neighbors. What happened to this formerly nice, quiet township?

I love this area, but I'll uproot if I have to. Where can I go where this isn't a problem? I live in a nice township in Monmouth County. WOW, the stomping is starting again now! Even after a visit from me! What dumb, ghetto a s s h o l e s!

Please help! Sympathy? R.I.P. Non-racist NJ K.

How do I fix this situation/avert these new racist feelings? I don't want to groan every time a new Hispanic person moves in!
Another good reason to live in a single family house in the suburbs.

I couldn't take living in high density housing. I'd end up in prison

Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 AM

1,446 posts, read 4,414,619 times
Quote:
Honest self-awareness in all of us could go a long way in preventing these diseased memes from festering into something worse. It's interesting that maybe some people who feel intellectually superior for not being racist may simply be benefiting from their class status and not their intelligence, since they've been sheltered from the experiences that might have triggered some of our inherent, uglier cognitive flaws.

I wish I could rent a little one bedroom ranch home so I wouldn't have noise issues. I'm relatively young, so I considered moving to New Brunswick and rooming in a house with grad students, but it could be hit or miss with them too, no matter how stringent my standards during the interview process.
If you are young you are just learning about the real world and should really avoid the self proclamed liberal or conservative tags. It is really rather pompous especially coming from a younger person and it has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Before you can address your inherent bias it is time to realize that you are not rich and will have to exist in the world like most everyone else. How many people your age have their own homes in this area? They likely have to live with roommates and have to deal with noise and inconsideration as well. The circumstance described here is not just about bias. It is also about unreal expectations. Cognitive flaws? Honest self awareness? Why not get real first?

Old 07-08-2008, 06:17 AM

12,935 posts, read 24,066,619 times
NJ K

All towns have occupancy codes...find out what they are and call the building dept/health dept if there are more people in that apt then what the code permits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or