U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:18 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,192,583 times

Advertisements

I don't trust the validity of a list generated by someone who lists Iselin, Avenel and Colonia as being the worst sections of "Oldbridge" when they're actually in "Woodbridge"- especially considering that Colonia is actually the best section of Woodbridge Township, and the fact that there are several other sections of town that are worse than Iselin and Avenel.

Can the OP give us a link to the statistics that support his list, or is this one person's obviously mis-informed opinion??? If it's the latter, I'd be inclined to delete the post as being useless trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 07:18 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,192,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post

Uh....this might help people looking to relocate to NJ from other states.
Yeah, maybe if it was based on anything factual.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:23 AM

526 posts, read 1,794,003 times
 Perth Amboy, on the contrary, is on the upswing
 Union is not a crime/drug ridden area
 Roselle Park is not on the decline

Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 AM

217 posts, read 1,008,144 times
They did say Irvington would b ranked #1 most dangerous city in the country but it has less than 60,000 pop so it cant be ranked. I think Fort Myers, FL is now though when i think of it.

O and BTW i didn't see Hackensack on the list.. hah just to prove my point.. i knew hackensack wasn't that bad at all like people on here portray it.

>WHAT HAPPEN TO PATERSON?< should be in all of them

Last edited by FromDaSack; 07-08-2008 at 11:59 AM..

Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 PM

209 posts, read 1,556,557 times
I am also a little suspect. I don't think you can call Hoboken on the downturn (even if there was a short spike in crimes that does not a trend make), and I'd hardly call Morristown or Montclair on a down trend or unsafe either.

More importantly I think lists like this which appear based on someone's perception of an area rather than on any objective basis aren't all that helpful. But at least it's not bas bad as the "worst counties in NJ" thread.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:32 AM

7 posts, read 55,811 times
Default Do your research

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy2theg2 View Post
class 1 (overall worst areas with most murder)
-irvington
-camden
-newark
-trenton
-elizabeth
-east orange
-greenville section of jersey city
-paterson
-asbury park
-plainfield

class 2 (crime-drug ridden areas but not as dangerous as class 1)
-atlantic city
-passaic
-orange
-bridgeton
-hillside
-roselle
-linden (mostly 1-9 and eliz. Border)
-vauxhall section of union
-union city
-west new york
-new brunswick
-vineland
-pleasantville
-harrison (alot of mob activity)
-rahway
-carteret
-union

class 3 (areas on the down-turn with rising crime/drug activity)
-pennsauken
-perth amboy
-morristown (nice area but the crime rate is unusually high, go check it out)
-deptford
-woodbury
-pennsgrove
-ewing
-montclair (east orange border)
-maplewood (between irvington and vauxhall)
-south orange (vailsburg newark, orange border)
-bloomfield (newark border)
-keansburg
-keyport
-union beach
-cliffwood
-cliffwood beach
-aberdeen
-matawan
-long branch
-roselle park
-south amboy
-hoboken(it's starting to get a bit iffy again i here)
-bayonne(also getting iffy)
-absecon
-clifton
-oldbridge(iselin, avenal, and colonia are the worst)
-west orange
-south orange

east orange is on the rise

Old 07-12-2008, 10:33 AM

7 posts, read 55,811 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I don't trust the validity of a list generated by someone who lists Iselin, Avenel and Colonia as being the worst sections of "Oldbridge" when they're actually in "Woodbridge"- especially considering that Colonia is actually the best section of Woodbridge Township, and the fact that there are several other sections of town that are worse than Iselin and Avenel.

Can the OP give us a link to the statistics that support his list, or is this one person's obviously mis-informed opinion??? If it's the latter, I'd be inclined to delete the post as being useless trolling.
That post was useless.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:46 PM

56 posts, read 181,002 times
I wouldn't necessarily call Bridgeton or Vineland "dangerous" areas... much less so are Deptford, Woodbury, and Penns Grove...

The only thing that's similar about these tows are their higher than average minority populations.. and that hardly qualifies for being dangerous, nor undesirable.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:37 PM

3 posts, read 7,472 times
Post Helpful if true, now where are the best areas to live?

This post is helpful to us who are moving from the left coast to the north east, "if" it holds any truth.

Can anyone list out the "Best" areas to live in all of NJ? That would be helpful as well. Thanks!

Old 07-12-2008, 09:16 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,016,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast<3 View Post
This post is helpful to us who are moving from the left coast to the north east, "if" it holds any truth.

Can anyone list out the "Best" areas to live in all of NJ? That would be helpful as well. Thanks!

What kind of criteria do you have.. schools, commuting to NYC? How much do you want to spend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey