Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 PM

316 posts, read 943,060 times

Advertisements

correct me if I am wrong, but another good category to capture are these towns that are actually on the "upturn" and going from bad to good (i.e. like Long Branch that is listed in your category 3). don't ya think? this way we can see where the possible long term investment areas may be / gentrification areas, etc. You been to the new Long Branch beach boardwalk / village? it's gorgeous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 08:53 PM

316 posts, read 943,060 times
oh new brunswick meets that criteria too. sure it has its "bad" sections, but most of it (downtown, near river, rutgers) is fine. don't scare people off!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:41 PM

7 posts, read 24,084 times
What's with the diss of South Orange, it's a gorgeous college town.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:38 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I don't trust the validity of a list generated by someone who lists Iselin, Avenel and Colonia as being the worst sections of "Oldbridge" when they're actually in "Woodbridge"- especially considering that Colonia is actually the best section of Woodbridge Township, and the fact that there are several other sections of town that are worse than Iselin and Avenel.

Can the OP give us a link to the statistics that support his list, or is this one person's obviously mis-informed opinion??? If it's the latter, I'd be inclined to delete the post as being useless trolling.
Bob, I have to agree with you. This person doesn't even know where Old Bridge is. My son lives off Rt 18 in Old Bridge. He is fairly close to the East Brunswick Border and is no where near Iselin.

Diane G

Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,926 times
Out of state troll again responsible for this thread. He has probably never lived in NJ. I just don't get it. Most trolls live in the state they post in don't they?

Old 10-05-2008, 10:13 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,072 times
There are too many trolls on this forum; this is part of the reason why I don't post here all that often.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:15 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunfuss View Post
here's NJ's most dangerous muncipalities in order from most violent crime to the the least (still much higher than average). this is based on 2006's number i might add.

Newark
Jersey City
Camden
Paterson
Irvington
Trenton
Elizabeth
Atlantic City
East Orange
Passaic
Plainfield
Vineland
Orange
Union City
Asbury Park
New Brunswick
Bridgeton
Paterson has more murders than Irvington, Trenton and East Orange? That's laughable.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,358 times
i personly think most of hudson county is on the down turn

Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-town View Post
Bump A.C. to class 1; add Teaneck to class 2; and add Millville to class 3.
Teaneck????????????????????
Wow, I don't even know what to say. Teaneck is a fine, fine town.
If by "bad" you mean brown people that own their homes, maintain their properties & send their kids to school, than, yes.
Teaneck is very, very diverse.
Go to Votee park in the summer & see Jews, African Americans, Hispanics, Indians & various other sorts using the public areas in peace & tell me Teaneck is dangerous.
I can't believe what you just said.
Teaneck is a Bergen County shining star in my humble opinion. A very good standard of living, with interaction not seen in some of the islolated, ultra rich communities to the north.
Teaneck the same as South Orange??? Yea right!!!!
It is a great place to raise a child in an environment that is inclusive & creates worldly individuals.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:18 PM

19 posts, read 66,508 times
Most of towns on the list have their good parts and their bad parts. The vast majority are made up primarily of good people that make honest livings, want the best for their kids, and love their communities. Lists like these really take away from these towns and the people that live in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey