U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 AM
 
82 posts, read 330,540 times
Reputation: 38

Advertisements

actually spent weeks researching lmao! after very very extensive research, like almost matter of fact, this is the list of areas in nj, not soo nice iffy neighborhoods to murder zones. Here it is, if im wrong or missed somthing let me know


5 - Very Dangerous Area Overall, High Poverty, Very High Violent/Property Crime, Very High Drug Sales, High to Very High Murder Rate

Irvington
Camden
Newark
East Orange
Atlantic City
Trenton
Jersey City

4 - Dangerous Area Overall, Mild Poverty, High Violent/Property Crime, Very High Drug Sales, High Murder Rate

Asbury Park
Paterson
Orange
Bridgeton

3 - Dangerous Area, Very Dangerous Sections Of the Neighborhood. Mild to High Violent/Property Crime, High Drug Sales, Mild to High Murder Rate

Elizabeth
Plainfield
Passaic
Vineland
Millville
New Brunswick
Pleasantville
Salem
Union City
Lindenwold
Perth Amboy

2 - Potentially Dangerous, Dangerous sections of the neighborhood, Mild Violent/Property Crime, Mild to High Drug Sales, Small to Mild Murder Rate

Paulsboro
Pennsgrove
Lakewood
Hillside
Linden
Union
Roselle
Neptune Township
Morristown
Rahway

1 - Above State Average Violent/Property Crime, Mild to High Drug sales, No to Small Murder Rate, Sections of neighborhood may be dangerous.

West New York
Woodbury
North Bergen
Hoboken
Pennsauken
Glassboro
Long Branch
Bayonne
Willingboro
Hamilton
Carteret
Ewing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
 
593 posts, read 1,396,495 times
Reputation: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy2theg2 View Post
Class 1 (Overall Worst Areas with Most Murder)
-Irvington
-Camden
-Newark
-Trenton
-Elizabeth
-East Orange
-Greenville section of Jersey City
-Paterson
-Asbury Park
-Plainfield

Class 2 (Crime-Drug ridden areas but not as dangerous as Class 1)
-Atlantic City
-Passaic
-Orange
-Bridgeton
-Hillside
-Roselle
-Linden (mostly 1-9 and Eliz. border)
-Vauxhall section of Union
-Union City
-West New York
-New Brunswick
-Vineland
-Pleasantville
-Harrison (ALOT of mob activity)
-Rahway
-Carteret
-Union

Class 3 (Areas on the Down-turn with rising crime/drug activity)
-Pennsauken
-Perth Amboy
-Morristown (nice area but the crime rate is unusually high, go check it out)
-Deptford
-Woodbury
-Pennsgrove
-Ewing
-Montclair (East Orange border)
-Maplewood (Between Irvington and Vauxhall)
-South Orange (Vailsburg Newark, Orange border)
-Bloomfield (Newark border)
-Keansburg
-Keyport
-Union Beach
-Cliffwood
-Cliffwood Beach
-Aberdeen
-Matawan
-Long Branch
-Roselle Park
-South Amboy
-Hoboken(it's starting to get a bit iffy again i here)
-Bayonne(also getting iffy)
-Absecon
-Clifton
-Oldbridge(Iselin, Avenal, and Colonia are the worst)
-West Orange
-South Orange
I disagree with the whole list.

I don't know about South Jersey besides Atlantic City and Asbury Park but I will say that these following towns I wouldn't live in because they have a bunch of bad areas or are known to have some crime in them, gangs, drugs, and all that.

Irvington, Newark, East Orange, Jersey City (There's some seriously run down areas over there. DO NOT be fooled by the waterfront and the downtown area. Ocean Ave is pretty damn bad at least when I passed through there last year), Elizabeth, Trenton, Paterson, Camden, Atlantic City, Asbury Park and Plainfield.

Now the list the original poster came up with seemed like he or she just made some random list off of he say she say or probably by the amount of blacks, hispanics, asians etc living in those neighborhoods. SMH. How the hell do you say South Orange, Bloomfield, Maplewood, Clifton etc are bad areas? You can't be serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 PM
 
593 posts, read 1,396,495 times
Reputation: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Paterson has more murders than Irvington, Trenton and East Orange? That's laughable.

Don't sleep on Paterson. People do get murdered there. Irvington, I don't know about. Irvington, I believe had about 24 murders last year. East Orange had like 6 or 8. Paterson usually has like around 6-10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
2,771 posts, read 5,413,632 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonutz nj View Post
actually spent weeks researching lmao! after very very extensive research, like almost matter of fact, this is the list of areas in nj, not soo nice iffy neighborhoods to murder zones. Here it is, if im wrong or missed somthing let me know
Jersey City is not "a" neighborhood, it's several.

Hoboken an "Iffy" neighborhood ? I suppose you'd consider Park Slope and the Upper East Side a bit dodgy too. Watch out for gangs of investment bankers ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,646 posts, read 4,995,231 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Don't sleep on Paterson. People do get murdered there. Irvington, I don't know about. Irvington, I believe had about 24 murders last year. East Orange had like 6 or 8. Paterson usually has like around 6-10.
HA HA HA.
I was in Paterson last night (coming from one of P-Towns many late night establishments. I had Tues off).
While eating in a late night chicken spot on Madison, the local "tough guys" tried to test me.
I'm a skinny white dude in my 30's (not dangerous looking by any means). All I had to do was get out of my seat & let them know I was not an easy mark & that was that. Game over............. I sat back down & finished my meal.
In NWK, Irvington or East Orange, I get left alone. People go about there business & don't even acknowledge me.
All the real "tough guys" in Essex Co have money & moves to make. They could care less about me.
When someone approaches you late night in in Essex, for the most part, they are not playing. It's going to happen.
That's the difference between NWK & Paterson.
Paterson is a poo-put town with a small piece of the pie & even smaller ambition in life.
Petty crooks doing petty crimes.
Half of the tough talk you hear in Paterson is not to be taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM
 
82 posts, read 330,540 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Jersey City is not "a" neighborhood, it's several.

Hoboken an "Iffy" neighborhood ? I suppose you'd consider Park Slope and the Upper East Side a bit dodgy too. Watch out for gangs of investment bankers ...
hahaha nah but seriously, yea we all know Hoboken is not very dangerous however It has a crime rate because its very populated, it is also known location through out jersey. Its very close to Jersey City and Union City. Like I said its no threat but it has its shady parts, and if you do research you'll see It does make the list. And Jersey City has several parts but I think we all know what I mean when I say Jersey City. Hahaha and here I am speaking on Hoboken like Im from there, I only made a list based of research
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 12:23 PM
 
15 posts, read 58,422 times
Reputation: 13
old bridge made that list? That doesn't make any sense. The cops here have nothing to do. I was in Rite Aid one day and about 3 cop cars showed up because a woman was trying to pay with a bad check. Seriously.
The only area I think is a bit sketchy in Old Bridge township is Laurence Harbor/Cliffwood Beach and I wouldn't even say its bad....more like trashy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM
 
Location: NJ
22,668 posts, read 28,551,950 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonutz nj View Post
hahaha nah but seriously, yea we all know Hoboken is not very dangerous however It has a crime rate because its very populated, it is also known location through out jersey. Its very close to Jersey City and Union City. Like I said its no threat but it has its shady parts, and if you do research you'll see It does make the list. And Jersey City has several parts but I think we all know what I mean when I say Jersey City. Hahaha and here I am speaking on Hoboken like Im from there, I only made a list based of research
my brother was walking through an area in hoboken populated by jenkins and he was yelled at by them that he is in the wrong neighborhood. he also passed a cop car that told him he should leave the area ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
 
786 posts, read 2,268,710 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Jersey City is not "a" neighborhood, it's several.

Hoboken an "Iffy" neighborhood ? I suppose you'd consider Park Slope and the Upper East Side a bit dodgy too. Watch out for gangs of investment bankers ...
LOL...you still trying to pretend JC is not a single city? Why don't you guys in newport area secede then if you're so game in trying to uphold the name of the neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
2,771 posts, read 5,413,632 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
LOL...you still trying to pretend JC is not a single city?
Arte you just bitter because you got trounced when I called you out on your ignorance of stats 101 ?

The answer is, no, I said it's not a single neighborhood. There is no pretending about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top