U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:09 PM

82 posts, read 330,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my brother was walking through an area in hoboken populated by jenkins and he was yelled at by them that he is in the wrong neighborhood. he also passed a cop car that told him he should leave the area ASAP.
yea I hear ya, there are ppl bashing me cuz I put hoboken on my list (Gonutz Nj list), its not like I just put them there, I did research, based on property crime/violent crime and murder rate, also the ratio of crime by the population. And im not saying hoboken is "Bad" cuz obviously its on level 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 PM

22,670 posts, read 28,559,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonutz nj View Post
yea I hear ya, there are ppl bashing me cuz I put hoboken on my list (Gonutz Nj list), its not like I just put them there, I did research, based on property crime/violent crime and murder rate, also the ratio of crime by the population. And im not saying hoboken is "Bad" cuz obviously its on level 1.
it sounds to me like cars parked on the streets are in a lot of danger of vandalism. jenkins kids coming out of their part just f-ing with the wealthy whities in the other neighborhoods.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 PM

2,771 posts, read 5,414,411 times
Quote:
it sounds to me like cars parked on the streets are in a lot of danger of vandalism. jenkins kids coming out of their part just f-ing with the wealthy whities in the other neighborhoods.
If you're looking for black people to scapegoat, you're going to have a hard time finding them in Hoboken.

I think most of the petty vandalism tends to come from the drunks coming home from bars. You get some obnoxious frat boy types at the bars, no idea whether they're from out of town or whether they're college students or locals who never really moved on from college. But you'll find them in Hoboken on Friday and Saturday night.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
If you're looking for black people to scapegoat, you're going to have a hard time finding them in Hoboken.

I think most of the petty vandalism tends to come from the drunks coming home from bars. You get some obnoxious frat boy types at the bars, no idea whether they're from out of town or whether they're college students or locals who never really moved on from college. But you'll find them in Hoboken on Friday and Saturday night.
i know my brother wasnt too happy with the jenkins when they openly called to him and said he was in the wrong neighborhood. i believe that his belief is that its the jenkins that pose the threat to the cars. i am just relaying his sentiments. im sure a bunch of drunk 20-somethings arent the best for property safety either.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
i know my brother wasnt too happy with the jenkins when they openly called to him and said he was in the wrong neighborhood. i believe that his belief is that its the jenkins that pose the threat to the cars. i am just relaying his sentiments. im sure a bunch of drunk 20-somethings arent the best for property safety either.
whats the jenkins? youve mentioned them a couple times, is that a gang or Mafia family?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
whats the jenkins? youve mentioned them a couple times, is that a gang or Mafia family?
jenkins = black people

Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM

2,771 posts, read 5,414,411 times
Quote:
jenkins = black people
Hoboken is 4% black according to census numbers.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Hoboken is 4% black according to census numbers.
apparently that two thousand people dont like it when white people walk through their neighborhood.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
oooo boy hahah um Im not racist so im gunna back out that convorsation quick lmao

Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 AM

eLizabeth NJ

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey