U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 08:30 AM

101 posts, read 397,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
I think because safety issues, like guarding children against predators, are such a high priority, most people would understand if they had to go through extra measures or if it took more time to access your site. I don't know how you would do it tho....

You probably already know this, but I think you have to get signed parent waivers or permission to put children's pictures on the site.
This is the drawback, the only way to truly tell if someone is on the up and up are background checks, or some interview process. This is something I'm not willing to do for this site. You do have to register to make any comments and I am moderating the comments. I am only putting children that have parents consent on the site (just my own and my relatives so far). Most pictures you will see are with NO children. If people send me pictures with children without consent, the faces will be either blurred or replaced with a different head, (haven't thought of who to use yet most likely my friend Mike) As far as location of the playgrounds, I may be drawing more attention to it, that is the positive and negative side about it. I wish I had the right answer but this is the best I have. If anyone's head would like to appear in my site, feel free to write me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
In Ocean County there is Castle Park of Toms River which is a large children's playground that is only a year old.

Also in Ocean County there's Island Beach State Park. It is wonderful with public beaches. There's kayaking or you can bring a horse and ride the beaches. There's lots of hiking trails and a Nature Center.
Thanks hrjersey, that is awesome.. we are heading south next weekend, this might be a great place to stop by and take a few photos..

lots of love,
njplay

Old 07-13-2008, 02:54 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,517,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njplay View Post
I started a website resource for new moms/dads in NJ, and could use some feedback. We are going to do a featured playgrounds page as well..
It is at a very rough phase right now, starting with union county but wanting to expand. Seeing that this forum has some real helpful people, I thought I'd put it out there...

www.njplaygrounds.com

(trying to transfer my picasa photogallery to wordpress where people can comment www.njplayground.com/blog-n-photos (http://www.njplayground.com/blog-n-photos - broken link))

I'll have to say Van Saun Park is my favorite in Bergen County. With the train, zoo and carousel it is awesome. I'm getting some pictures from my parents next week to post on our page.

I also enjoy Watchung Reservation in Mountainside/Summit NJ.

Would love to hear which playgrounds you'd recommend...

Sheila (njplay)
If you're ever in Bergen County, check out Waldwick Borough Park in Waldwick, NJ. It has a great playground and it's right on the water (I think it's called White Pond??). Also, the new playground at the Duck Pond Park in Ridgewood is great. It's brand new, they just finished it last year.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
If you're ever in Bergen County, check out Waldwick Borough Park in Waldwick, NJ. It has a great playground and it's right on the water (I think it's called White Pond??). Also, the new playground at the Duck Pond Park in Ridgewood is great. It's brand new, they just finished it last year.
great tips Ira, I have a friend who lives up in Ridgewood, and has offered to take some pics, but doesn't know where to go, his girl just started walking so he's not familiar where to go yet. excellent, enjoy the rest of your Sunday! If you don't mind, I'll give a little mention of you from city-data in our blog..

Sheila

Old 07-13-2008, 08:04 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,517,036 times
Quote:
great tips Ira, I have a friend who lives up in Ridgewood, and has offered to take some pics, but doesn't know where to go, his girl just started walking so he's not familiar where to go yet. excellent, enjoy the rest of your Sunday! If you don't mind, I'll give a little mention of you from city-data in our blog..

Sheila
No problem :-)

Old 07-14-2008, 09:21 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,395,160 times
Holmdel Park and also the SPRAYGROUND!! it is soo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Holmdel Park and also the SPRAYGROUND!! it is soo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't been there yet, thanks for the tip. Just visited Lyndhurst Town Park, very new, very nice with a sprayground (first time at a sprayground). it is a hit..

Old 07-16-2008, 03:11 PM

5,340 posts, read 12,342,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Sad but true..this would be a great website for parents but also a shopping list for those disgusting perverts!
Truth is, there is no way to weed them out. AND trust me, they know where to go. The only way to keep your kids 100% safe from freaks like that is to WATCH and protect them.

Off topic...but I REALLY recommend Gaven DeBeckers (sp?) Protecting the Gift. EXCELLENT advice on keeping your kids safe.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Haven't been there yet, thanks for the tip. Just visited Lyndhurst Town Park, very new, very nice with a sprayground (first time at a sprayground). it is a hit..
This is a surprisingly nice little park! They just renovated the whole place, it's still not 100% done. I was driving past the other night and almost crashed because they have the most beautiful lit up fountain now! Its on the towns website.

BTW... I think this is a great idea! I wish there were more websites like that for parents in the state of NJ. Also encompassing other things like schools, amusements, etc...

Trying to think of other parks for you - but my picks of Van Saun and Lyndhurst are already there!

You know what is not a playground per se, but my child loves, Sinatra Pier in Hoboken. Not a playground structure, but it's very pretty view of NY and in the summer they have an "interactive fountain" that the kids can run, bike, skate through - my child loves it!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:48 PM

You know what may be worth a mention? Laurel Hill County Park in Secaucus NJ - it is part of the Hudson County Park system. It is right on the Hackensack River and very scenic. The playground is pretty nice, I like that it's the new rubber surfacing. Very nice for walking. There is a ballpark there and there are environmental boat rides that you can take from that location as well. BATHROOMS would be nice. The port a potties are the PITS! Couldn't find too much about it on line, but here you go:

A Meadowlands Oasis - Laurel Hill,. New York | E: The Environmental Magazine | Find Articles at BNET

There were some nice parks in Nutley ... I wish I had more information on them....there was a very nice one right by the main shopping street, by the Nutley Diner... now I'm going to have to drive by it to get the name for you! LOL

A friend has told me that Broderick Park in North Bergen (also known as North County Park) has been redone and is nice... all I remember is it had a very pretty manmade lake in the center, it's been a while since I've been there.

In Cape May County I know we took the kids to a very nice playground that was right outside of the Cape May County Zoo (which is a LOVELY zoo by the way!)

Now I'm going to hunt for more cool parks... I am sure my kids will LOVE this! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey