U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Springfield, NJ
101 posts, read 397,587 times
Reputation: 38

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
You know what may be worth a mention? Laurel Hill County Park in Secaucus NJ - it is part of the Hudson County Park system. It is right on the Hackensack River and very scenic. The playground is pretty nice, I like that it's the new rubber surfacing. Very nice for walking. There is a ballpark there and there are environmental boat rides that you can take from that location as well. BATHROOMS would be nice. The port a potties are the PITS! Couldn't find too much about it on line, but here you go:

A Meadowlands Oasis - Laurel Hill,. New York | E: The Environmental Magazine | Find Articles at BNET

There were some nice parks in Nutley ... I wish I had more information on them....there was a very nice one right by the main shopping street, by the Nutley Diner... now I'm going to have to drive by it to get the name for you! LOL

A friend has told me that Broderick Park in North Bergen (also known as North County Park) has been redone and is nice... all I remember is it had a very pretty manmade lake in the center, it's been a while since I've been there.

In Cape May County I know we took the kids to a very nice playground that was right outside of the Cape May County Zoo (which is a LOVELY zoo by the way!)

Now I'm going to hunt for more cool parks... I am sure my kids will LOVE this! LOL!
awesome! I didn't have any in hudson county yet, now I do, if you wanna share any pics just email me at njplaygrounds@gmail.com I will make sure to not include kids faces, been having fun with Paint lately..

I included the playground at Cape May County zoo in our site, but am missing pictures which I'm going to add... so if you wanna check it out here is the link... (i need to separate it, it was our vacation post about Ocean City and visiting the zoo so it combined both..) NJ Playgrounds Photo Gallery and Blog Ocean City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2008, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Springfield, NJ
101 posts, read 397,587 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Truth is, there is no way to weed them out. AND trust me, they know where to go. The only way to keep your kids 100% safe from freaks like that is to WATCH and protect them.

Off topic...but I REALLY recommend Gaven DeBeckers (sp?) Protecting the Gift. EXCELLENT advice on keeping your kids safe.
I just looked this up, and I AM definitely getting it!!!
here's the link from amazon in case anyone else is interested, I will be adding this link to my site as well... thanks!!!



Amazon.com: Protecting the Gift: Keeping Children and Teenagers Safe (and Parents Sane): Gavin De Becker: Books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
 
5,340 posts, read 12,342,456 times
Reputation: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by njplay View Post
I just looked this up, and I AM definitely getting it!!!
here's the link from amazon in case anyone else is interested, I will be adding this link to my site as well... thanks!!!



Amazon.com: Protecting the Gift: Keeping Children and Teenagers Safe (and Parents Sane): Gavin De Becker: Books
Cool! I don't know the man and I don't get commission! LOL! But seriously, there are some EXCELLENT tips in there. And some things that you just realize you have been doing wrong - like telling kids never to talk to strangers is actually a bad thing....who knew, but you really see why when reading this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Springfield, NJ
101 posts, read 397,587 times
Reputation: 38
bumping the thread to get more rec's.. Thanks for all the recommendations so far, I'm hoping to visit all your suggestions... just updated to include Castle Playground in chatham, and Millburn Gero Park.. Later this August we will be going to Dorbrook Sprayground, can't wait, keep hearing good things... we've hit a lull in our visiting, staying pretty local and wasn't able to visit the one in Toms River during our trip, so was a bit bummed about that.. Also my friend in Ridgewood hasn't had a chance to visit a couple of the parks suggested.. ahhh well, what can ya do... here's your rec's so far
Castle Park- Toms River
Island Beach State Park
Waldwick Boro Park
Duck Pond Park, Ridgewood
Holmdel Park
Dorbrook Sprayground- Colts Neck
Sinatra Pier (fountain)- Hoboken
Laurel Hill County Park
Broderick park/North County Park - North Bergen
Cape may County Zoo- (covered)
Van Saun (covered)

Would love any feedback on the parks/playgrounds, we got a bunch listed already (not on list above) visit www.njplaygrounds.com and register by clicking on the photogallery, and then "Register" button on the right hand column.

thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Springfield, NJ
101 posts, read 397,587 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by njplay View Post
bumping the thread to get more rec's.. Thanks for all the recommendations so far, I'm hoping to visit all your suggestions... just updated to include Castle Playground in chatham, and Millburn Gero Park.. Later this August we will be going to Dorbrook Sprayground, can't wait, keep hearing good things... we've hit a lull in our visiting, staying pretty local and wasn't able to visit the one in Toms River during our trip, so was a bit bummed about that.. Also my friend in Ridgewood hasn't had a chance to visit a couple of the parks suggested.. ahhh well, what can ya do... here's your rec's so far
Castle Park- Toms River
Island Beach State Park
Waldwick Boro Park
Duck Pond Park, Ridgewood
Holmdel Park
Dorbrook Sprayground- Colts Neck
Sinatra Pier (fountain)- Hoboken
Laurel Hill County Park
Broderick park/North County Park - North Bergen
Cape may County Zoo- (covered)
Van Saun (covered)

Would love any feedback on the parks/playgrounds, we got a bunch listed already (not on list above) visit www.njplaygrounds.com and register by clicking on the photogallery, and then "Register" button on the right hand column.

thanks !
Update: Laurel Hill and Dorbrook are covered! Thanks everyone for your rec's again.... when the rest our covered, I'll post again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 01:50 PM
 
5,340 posts, read 12,342,456 times
Reputation: 1159
NJPlay- found out there is a very nice sprayground in Garfield NJ. Jewell Street Sprayground. The City of Garfield, New Jersey - Parks (http://www.garfieldnj.org/content/72/257/default.aspx - broken link)

However a membership is required and it may be to town residents only, but don't quote me on that! EEEPNJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 06:00 PM
 
217 posts, read 1,005,499 times
Reputation: 117
Theres one in South Hackensack i used to always go to when i was a baby-kid. frig i still go there once in a blue moon.
I loved it, i have picture albums of me in it.. its like right nextdoor to the south Hackensack Memorial School and that school is literally right across the street from my nanny's house.. OO i just told u where she lives! hah but u dont know which one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Springfield, NJ
101 posts, read 397,587 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDaSack View Post
Theres one in South Hackensack i used to always go to when i was a baby-kid. frig i still go there once in a blue moon.
I loved it, i have picture albums of me in it.. its like right nextdoor to the south Hackensack Memorial School and that school is literally right across the street from my nanny's house.. OO i just told u where she lives! hah but u dont know which one
Is that on Dyer Avenue?


Thanks for the feedback EEEPNJ and FromDaSack!

Just got a few more in the website, Cedar Grove, Verona, Bloomfield, Toms River, www.njplaygrounds.com and then click on the photo gallery. Castle Park II is really nice in Toms River, we also went to an amusement place closeby called blackbeard's cave, that was alot of fun with the boys..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 09:25 AM
 
17 posts, read 42,384 times
Reputation: 12
Talking Brookdale

I always take my dog to Brookdale dog park....very pet friendly and no chance of them getting loose! The park also has tennis courts, soccer fields, jogging paths, picnic areas, everything! Sits on lots of land!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 09:39 AM
 
5,340 posts, read 12,342,456 times
Reputation: 1159
Lyndhurst Park on Riverside in Lyndhurst also has a cool dog park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top