Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2008, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,578 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I've been reading so many opinions. They sway good to bad. I am going to look at a few homes in the area. I looked in Asbury Park, Long Branch etc...but the prices were to high and the ones I can afford were very far from the beach. I like a beach community and its laid back attitude. Im not interested in schools and can take care of myself as far as dealing with people. I just don't want to walk into an area that is not off the charts crazy. Every town has its crime. I just need to know if there is anything going on in this town that should be of major concern.

I also need an opinion....... I have family in Holmdel and Coltsville. This home I am buying as a second home, a place to crash when visiting my family. I only need a studio or basement or attic space and would like to rent the rest of the house out. I know two family homes are set up this way but can I find one family homes that might have this capability and if so are there legal issues to worry about. I am hoping that once I'm ready to retire I will be able to take the whole house and make it my year round home. I know the town's rating is not the best right now. But I feel that its close proximity to other "upscale" towns and NYC and still being small and near the ocean that rating will change.
Hopefully someone can give me a bit of advice if this is a town for me.
Thanks PS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey