U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 PM

4 posts, read 11,103 times
Default Lawrence Square Village, NJ

Hi, I am planning to relocate to Lawrence Square Village in Mercer County , NJ. I work in NYC and my husband-to-be works in Buck County. I will be taking the express train to Penn Station. I would appreciate your feedback on the Lawrenceville and lawrence square village specifically: is it safe? are their thefts? gangs? crime? are the complexes in the village made of good quality?
what other complexes would you recommend taking in account our working situations? Thank you all in advance for you advice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 08:31 PM

23,933 posts, read 19,736,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisLane2008 View Post
Hi, I am planning to relocate to Lawrence Square Village in Mercer County , NJ. I work in NYC and my husband-to-be works in Buck County. I will be taking the express train to Penn Station. I would appreciate your feedback on the Lawrenceville and lawrence square village specifically: is it safe? are their thefts? gangs? crime? are the complexes in the village made of good quality?
what other complexes would you recommend taking in account our working situations? Thank you all in advance for you advice!!
I checked out LSV about 10 yrs ago before moving to Mercer Cty; the complex seemed OK at that time. There are gangs in the Lawrence area, but they seem to be concentrated more toward the Trenton border. Most of Lawrence is middle class; the closer to Princeton, the higher the land values, the closer to Trenton, the lower the land values. Commutewise, the location is great for Bucks Cty, just hop on 95 and you'll be there. For you it would make sense to take the NE Corridor train at Hamilton station and take it into NYC.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,868,835 times
We rented a townhome in Lawrence Square Village several years ago.

As Sunil's Dad says, it is about as far away from the Trenton border as you can get and still be in Lawrence. But because your address is Lawrence (and parts of it borders Trenton) your car/rental insurance will be higher.

As far as living there, it is safe and convenient (to shopping, highways, and train stations, both Hamilton and Princeton Jct.).

Quality of building? It is a standard builders fare, low end appliances and finishes but if you are renting and it's a good price. You could do worse.

One of the things we encountered were a lot of College students in the complex. Not a huge problem but weekends got a little rowdy.

Not a bad choice at all

Old 11-28-2009, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 6,615 times
I live in Lawrence square village. Last winter, the week before x mas, our apt was broken into at 3:00 pm in the afternoon. Someone used a drill and drilled thru the front lock, apparently that made the lock open. We reported it to the police. (december 2008)

Then, a few weeks later, our neighbor's car was broken into while parked in our lot.

No, I don't consider it a safe neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey