Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 02:49 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,553,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Just got our electric/gas bill from middle of June through middle of July $217, 1700 sq. ft. home. Not as bad as we expected.
I looked at last months $175.00 bill and compared it to this months $490.00 bill. The big difference is...last month the KWHs were broken down into like 6 different unit charges...some less, some more. This month it's only two unit prices..delivery and usage. Either way... I'm getting a windmill installed..lol : )

Last edited by wileynj; 07-22-2008 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: freakin spellin' again!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 02:59 PM

13,372 posts, read 28,615,118 times
Ut oh....I can hear hubbie now!!
We are gone all day but I leave the AC on for my dog...hey she's an English bulldog..high temps & humidity can actually kill her

Old 07-22-2008, 03:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 6,224,402 times
njkate, it is actually worse to shut the a/c off and put it back on again when you come home, it costs more to cool off the house. We installed the program-digital thermostat, it keeps the costs down and the dog happy. A Samoyed in NC (today w/heat index 105) I keep the a/c on 76 and have the fan blowing on her crate, she is laying on the ceramic tile in the other room. It's all about the pets, thats why we work.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
njkate, it is actually worse to shut the a/c off and put it back on again when you come home, it costs more to cool off the house. We installed the program-digital thermostat, it keeps the costs down and the dog happy. A Samoyed in NC (today w/heat index 105) I keep the a/c on 76 and have the fan blowing on her crate, she is laying on the ceramic tile in the other room. It's all about the pets, thats why we work.

Same here Kelsey... mine are spoiled rotten! I have the A/C on 76 and if they go upstairs and lay on the bed..I also put the ceiling fan on for them..LOL : )

Old 07-26-2008, 02:46 AM

514 posts, read 1,665,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I looked at last months $175.00 bill and compared it to this months $490.00 bill. The big difference is...last month the KWHs were broken down into like 6 different unit charges...some less, some more. This month it's only two unit prices..delivery and usage. Either way... I'm getting a windmill installed..lol : )
That seems a little high. Were paying $300 a month on the equal payment plan. Our actual useage has never gone above $250 in the 5 months we have been here and we have an all electric 1500sqft 3 floor townhouse. We also have a huge credit built up too.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
That seems a little high. Were paying $300 a month on the equal payment plan. Our actual useage has never gone above $250 in the 5 months we have been here and we have an all electric 1500sqft 3 floor townhouse. We also have a huge credit built up too.
It does seem high..I'm thinking that maybe the meter reading guy screwed up either last months reading (under) or this months reading (over). We'll see when the bill comes in for this month... should be much lower.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:12 PM

76 posts, read 363,166 times
Right there with you...my bill last month was $225 and this month was $457!!!

I called JCP& L and questioned it and they said I consumed MUCH more energy than I did the prevoius months....she compared it to last year and said the same thing happend last year for the months of July and August...UGH!

I run a pool and have 2 zone A/C....so I am sure this is aiding to the high bill. But I nearly passed out when I got the bill!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBean View Post
Right there with you...my bill last month was $225 and this month was $457!!!

I called JCP& L and questioned it and they said I consumed MUCH more energy than I did the prevoius months....she compared it to last year and said the same thing happend last year for the months of July and August...UGH!

I run a pool and have 2 zone A/C....so I am sure this is aiding to the high bill. But I nearly passed out when I got the bill!
I have 1 zone A/C - high efficiency plus a pool. Still seems too high for me. I'm keeping an eye on the readings. I feel like I am being screwed!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:19 PM

76 posts, read 363,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I have 1 zone A/C - high efficiency plus a pool. Still seems too high for me. I'm keeping an eye on the readings. I feel like I am being screwed!
I hope you can figure it out. I, for one, changed some of my settings on my AC to see if it helps...I set it to 80 during the day...as long as the house is comfortable, I dont need it freezing. So I will see how this helps...

Old 07-27-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBean View Post
I hope you can figure it out. I, for one, changed some of my settings on my AC to see if it helps...I set it to 80 during the day...as long as the house is comfortable, I dont need it freezing. So I will see how this helps...
LOL..I did the same..I'm at 76 all day and at 78 at night. I've also bumped the pool down to 6 hrs. instead of 8 hrs. for the pump. If I get a high bill next month..JCP&L will have a new logo...my foot up their ass!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey