U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-17-2008, 01:09 PM

243 posts, read 773,978 times

Advertisements

I'll be coming to NJ for a few days next month and am having a tough time trying to find cheap rentals near the airport.Im looking in the range of $25-$35 a day and the lowest i found so far was $58.And that was an economy car!
Not looking for anything fansy so i was wondering if anyone knows rental locations that are in my range near the EWR airport?Even maybe an off-site location?
Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 01:20 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,658,771 times
Enterprise at Newark Penn Station has some good deals. I rented a Tahoe there a while back and got it for 50/day, so I am sure there are better deals to be had on the small cars. Might be worth giving them a call directly to see what specials you can get. Rentals are always more expensive at the airports.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:46 PM

1,048 posts, read 3,214,608 times
My brother used Priceline last time he came into Newark. That way he was able to pick up at the airport and got a decent price - I think it was in the $35 range.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:50 PM

2,741 posts, read 4,099,719 times
Enterprise in Lyndhurst NJ

Old 08-19-2009, 11:50 AM

215 posts, read 262,446 times
Default best price on car rentals in newark airport

I am going to be visiting family in NJ and will be arriving into Newark airport. I need to rent a car and have been finding the prices to be very high. I need the least expensive car I can get, looking to spend no more then $30.00 a day. I noticed that someone posted some time ago about priceline? Does anyone have recent experience with car rentals at the airport and what you paid. I haven't had to rent a car in awhile, but like everything else the prices have gotten out of control. Any information you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 PM

3,705 posts, read 5,728,032 times
Well $26.95 and up for starters here:
https://www.rentawreck.com/cgi-bin/l...(S0060):203180

Geez it does look like everybody else want quite a BIT, like $80 day and up.
The Linden, NJ location is close to EWR so I bet they would pick you up.

Oh & BTW they all seem to charge those extras that pile up like insurance, guess that's your choice, whether your policy will cover it, and a $5 a day NJ Homeland Security Fee.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:53 PM

215 posts, read 262,446 times
Default rent a wreck

Thanks for the info on rent a wreck. I will definately look into using them. These other rental companies that are located in the airport are ripping off the average person that needs to rent a car when arriving at an airport.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:37 AM

11,020 posts, read 15,718,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
Thanks for the info on rent a wreck. I will definately look into using them. These other rental companies that are located in the airport are ripping off the average person that needs to rent a car when arriving at an airport.

The car rental rates at airports are off the chart this summer. I just spent shy of $300.00 for a 4 day rental at Denver International Airport..those hidden fees are a BS way of ripping off the consumer.

Yet I just booked a 1 week rental in December through Continental's website.. pick up at San Diego airport...full size car with GPS & Satelite radio for $23.00 per day plus the dam fees.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:45 PM

1,850 posts, read 4,348,368 times
Every market has different prices even if they are close by. Linden will have different prices than Newark than Jersey City and they are all 15 min away from each other.

Airports will ALWAYS be more expensive unless they are in a high tourist area (like orlando). They will also have MUCH higher taxes (14-15% on top of state tax at Newark) Local market rent a car locations will sometimes run older cars or less variety but have a more personal feel and be more willing to work with cash or debit card whereas Airport facilities will ONLY take Credit cards with a high deductible that you will get refunded to your card at the end of the rental.

All I can say is to call around and get quotes. There are ALOT of rental places out there. If you can have someone pick you up at the airport and rent from a local place to where you will be staying, it might work out cheaper for you. If you have a CC with a high limit and alot of room you have more options available to you.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:13 PM

3,705 posts, read 5,728,032 times
Juat remember, you are NOT going to pay a lot for THAT muffler, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey