Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,382 times

Advertisements

Alright....Hi

i'm originally from Flushing, NY - the flushing/bayside/fresh meadows/whitestone area [meaning east flushing, not north]

To me, that was a busy area. Too many people I guess. I'm currently living on long island and have been for almost 2 years. I don't like it here either, because it's still a little busy and everyone is so snobby. it drives me nuts.

The block I live on has like....4 houses, give or take.

I want something quiet, peaceful, relaxing, not a lot of people or noise or traffic. parking would be nice, and safety is a HUGE factor.

unfortunately, so is money. But that's the case with everyone these days. No one has it and everyone wants lots of it.

My boyfriend is from the North bergen area so he's used to STOP&GO&STOP&GO traffic, noise, tons of people, chaos...me, not so much.

we're trying to find a place that I can deal with, for a semi-decent price

ideally...something less than $800 for 1 BR

Anything in an area where people don't get shot, stabbed, mugged, and molested would be ideal.

Is this a pipedream or does a place like this exist?

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful...I'm not sure what towns to check out.

He works in manhattan, so something with a relatively short/easy commute there is kind of important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 01:30 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,948,569 times
I assume you want to rent, not buy? Where do you work?

Old 07-24-2008, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,382 times
I'm not working right now. I'm in school, and looking for a job. I'm assuming I'd be working in jersey though...or well...the city (which would suck)

I'd like to buy, especially as the market keeps going down - but probably not quite yet.
So for now, we'd be renting.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:55 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,948,569 times
At $800 it'll be tough...
Maybe Nutley or Lyndhurst, but it will be a stretch at that Rent. Not impossible, but a stretch.

Carlstadt or Wallington NJ are possibilities... they don't have train stations but they do have bus service to NYC. They are more blue collar (as is Lyndhurst) but you may find something closer to 8 there.

Maywood NJ is a possibility - but there are good & bad sections, although over all it's really not bad.

Maybe Clifton NJ, but there are good & bad neighborhoods there too.

I see Bogota has rents in that range, but I'm not too familiar with that town anymore...anyone else out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey