Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:57 PM

170 posts, read 962,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
by the way what was the opportunity at wachovia because my husband might be interested??? anyone he can contact since you didnt want it??? if you want PM ME.....
They called me back again today and want to talk with me about other positions, I'll gladly PM you when I finish talking with them. The position I turned down was a project managment position with their portfolio management division - I was offered $85,000 + 20% bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 03:04 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
that is the salary they are offering??? that is so funny because my dh applied for that position...LOL the other positions were alot higher than that....You have to PM ME...LOL

he has applied for jobs that were paying 115k and up plus bonus...

Old 01-23-2007, 03:06 PM

I have to agree with you Roy on that salary that is pretty awful even with the bonus's...he also applied to another company the salary was close to what he is making now my dh, and alot higher than wachovia, they do pay however contracting alot more money...that is going to be another option for us....we would prefer full time...

Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM

170 posts, read 962,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
he has applied for jobs that were paying 115k and up plus bonus...
That's what I am currently looking for as it is closer to my base. I am not on the technical side, though, I am on the business side, so I just can't go to any IT area as I am not a programmer.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:15 PM

well u and my dh too, he is on the operations and business side he is not technical either maybe they will do a 2 for 1 package..LOL

Old 01-23-2007, 04:08 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,879,762 times
NJmomof2 - not sure if you were referring to me GJ, but I never said it was cheap to live in NJ - that is why we are also moving to SC.

I believe it was another poster that was being narrow minded about undeveloped areas!

Old 01-23-2007, 04:12 PM

no GJ it wasnt you soo sorry it was the other poster...good luck to you in sc..we chose union county nc...

Staci

Old 01-23-2007, 05:13 PM

317 posts, read 1,229,276 times
Default Taxes + Medical Insurance = Heartbreaking

I am TRYING to stay here for the sake of my son who is in 5th grade. It is just heartbreaking that I will probably not be able to do so long term. I am self-employed, and in addition to the ever increasing unbelieveable property tax increases that just seem to keep coming and coming.....the cost of health care is .......beyond words. I pay $1200 a month for BC/BS. And...just like the property tax increases, this year BC/BS raised my monthly payment from $1000 to $1200 in one full sweep.

There is no way that my business can grow at the same pace as the fixed costs/expenses to live (nothing new in life....just same old living circumstances...yet costs so much more every day) ....

My neighbors just picked up and moved to Charleston, SC. They were both self-employed, and they simply couldnt keep up.

Anybody move kids to a different state when they were young? If so, please tell me that the saying is true "kids are resilient"?

Old 01-23-2007, 05:30 PM

Nancy my daughter is 8 and my son will be 12, they cant wait for the move and trust me they will adjust...just remember your going to a better situation that what your in....

Old 01-23-2007, 05:32 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,879,762 times
One of the reasons we are making the move now is because our son is only in lst. grade. I would hate to move him if he was older.

My husbands uncle just moved from NJ to Charleston in Dec. and loves it there.

I priced health insurance thru Blue Cross Blue Sheild SC and the price I beleive was about $400 per month. We may be without insurance for a couple of months. Granted there is a $1000 deductible I think, but at least it is insurance.

Trust me my son is only in lst. grade and I worry about him adjusting to a new school, he does seem excited about the move.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey