Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 04:32 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,675,610 times

Advertisements

If you don't mind me asking, why Franklin as opposed to South Brunswick?

EDIT: I only ask because Nassau Square is similar in price to Quailbrook, and you get much better schools and less crime, which means bigtime resale value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 04:58 PM

316 posts, read 939,687 times
well, i don't have a good answer for you on that! we were considering going to see Nassau Square, but just had not gotten their yet. I guess are desired location was to be closer to new brunswick / piscatway area where we work. but i guess south brunswick would not be too bad. we don't have kid so we didn't really factor in schools.
are you saying that crime is a problem in Qualbrook? thats news to me! please do tell! thanks.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:05 PM

also, I did a little homework that I could use some more opinions and advice on. I've heard that the schools in South Brunswick are not much better than Somerset. From what I understand, the high school in Somerset is still a little rough, but is the process of a very positive change with the growth of the housing. With the "new" construction over the past 15 years, the influx of Asians in the area has had a very positive effect on the education. I have heard that the grade schools in Somerset are unsurpassed in education, which means those younger children moving up to the high school, will influence the higher grades in the very near future.

As far as the crime is concerned, I haven't heard of anything detrimental in either of the complexes I am looking at in Franklin / Somerset. please advise if anyone here has heard different! thanks!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:33 PM

i guess no one has any thoughts / opinions / advice? our hunt continues, although we are starting to lean toward one in Lakewood complex, in Somerset:

Lakewood, a Franklin Township, NJ Townhome Community (http://www.lisafriedman.com/visit/somersetcounty/franklin/neighborhoods/lakewood.htm - broken link)

Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,675,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieguns View Post
i guess no one has any thoughts / opinions / advice? our hunt continues, although we are starting to lean toward one in Lakewood complex, in Somerset:

Lakewood, a Franklin Township, NJ Townhome Community (http://www.lisafriedman.com/visit/somersetcounty/franklin/neighborhoods/lakewood.htm - broken link)

This is nothing against you or Franklin, but Lisa Friedman's website freaks me out. She had some sort of ad about selling "health tonic" on there... I can't find it now, but when I saw it, it freaked me out a little.

Last edited by SweepTheLeg; 08-17-2008 at 08:12 PM..

Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM

87 posts, read 350,758 times
It's just slightly out the area you're looking at -- but on the Piscataway/South Plainfield/Edison border (I believe) is Traditions, which I think is technically in South Plainfield...I really liked it, but it was out of my price range. I drove past yesterday, and there were some for sale signs at the edge of the neighborhood.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:23 PM

what price range is Traditions?

Old 08-31-2008, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,359 times
Beacon Hill is in Bridgewater. Great area nice townhomes. Email [EMAIL="georgepantozzi@hotmail.com"]georgepantozzi@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] (my husband)real estate broker from Bridgewater if your interested in knowing the area.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:47 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,912,122 times
I might have lived in Quailbrook many years ago~Bayberry Drive? Loved the home, area, would walk or bike to loads of retail areas, lots of move up houses. Great library and community theatre, a quick shot to train station or bus and easy access on/off 287. They are only 2 BR, but 2 1/2 baths with basement and garage. Pool was within walking distance and usually not crowded except on weekends. Nice neighbors, and great services when it came to garbage, snow removal, outside repairs, etc.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,974 times
Quailbrook is nice and quiet, pool never crowded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey