Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 08:26 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Sure..start an arguement with the members of MENSA now!
yeah, that's an arguement that would never end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 08:38 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
:::scratching head confused::: ummm.....errrrr...in a chance that it might send the political correctness police up in arms again....but....aaahhh....:::ehem::: has anyone noticed that it's always the "smart" ones that are the worst drivers? (just a thought)
Pfft, I have more driver training than cops, I've gone through (not forced by a judge, btw, but because of interest) CEVO, MSF, and a variety of defensive driving classes. So I would contest that remark, as I could surely outdrive most :P

Old 08-01-2008, 08:52 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Pfft, I have more driver training than cops, I've gone through (not forced by a judge, btw, but because of interest) CEVO, MSF, and a variety of defensive driving classes. So I would contest that remark, as I could surely outdrive most :P
So..are you saying that you aren't too bright

Old 08-01-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Well, Cu, you're a white male mensa member. You don't need AA help like some other mensa members, or you're from Suburbia and not a ghetto urban enviroment like many minorities (incorporating a bunch of threads into one) you would be like the Obama of Mensa. See "Obama is so articulate" comments for reference as to why some people would vote for him.

P.S. I hope some people can recognize the sarcasm.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:06 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
So..are you saying that you aren't too bright
Only when it comes to keeping my mouth shut

Quote:
Well, Cu, you're a white male mensa member. You don't need AA help like some other mensa members, or you're from Suburbia and not a ghetto urban enviroment like many minorities (incorporating a bunch of threads into one) you would be like the Obama of Mensa. See "Obama is so articulate" comments for reference as to why some people would vote for him.

P.S. I hope some people can recognize the sarcasm.
Nah, when I found out I'd have to pay dues, I changed my mind. Yes, I am too cheap for even this

Nope, don't need AA help, I'm from Elizabeth though, and I despise Obama (only because he has no substance. Its like frosting without the cake - sure, it tastes great, but theres nothing behind it to give it some shape and make it into something real.

And I get the sarcasm

Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 PM

9 posts, read 28,396 times
Default Just Curious...

Just out of curiosity

What reason do you: LynnePatrice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnePatrice View Post
Sorry but are you really expecting people here to help you get a drivers license when you can't pass a road test? Failing the written part would be bad enough but the ROAD TEST??? There are already plenty of bad drivers in the tri state as it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnePatrice View Post
Sorry, it doesn't matter why you fail.
and you: Alex07860

Quote:
Oh Geez, yeah, try to beat the system, lie about living in NJ to get your driver's license, real smart, huh? what's next? where the flight schools are too?
have for being so incredibly "mean" toward the OP? What's he done to you that's causing you to be so hateful?

I completely agree with you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
If the OP were an American or even from Canada or Western Europe trying to get through the loopholes, would Alex have brought up the "flight school" reference, or is that only reserved for people from certain countries trying to "beat the system" ?
Apparently the process(es) for obtaining licenses are different here than they are in India...and in Germany, England, Italy, Canada, Mexico, etc. As a newcomer, the OP really can't be expected to be familiar with the laws of every state in the country. It's not like you are.

As "white trash" I gotta admit: some people are just too "smart" to accept change. People like you: Alex07860 and LynnePatrice really degrade "white trash" like you and me.

As if you've never failed your road test.

It really disheartens me to see people like you. Live in your own fairy-tale world where white people are the best and the rest are scum.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:59 PM

9 posts, read 28,396 times
Unhappy I'm sorry, buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHi View Post
Hi,
I just asked you for information whether I can do it legally, since as of now I work in NJ temporarily. Previously I did not know person residing in X state should not obtain the license from Y state, even though it is within USA. Atleast 50% of you treat me as if I have committed some big lifetime mistake.
So, please ignore this thread, and consider it as closed, since I'm a newcomer I don't know how to close this.
Thanks for everyone who gave me good information.
I'm sorry, but you're gonna need to learn that people around here aren't that nice. I just can't get over this one: "White trash" like us are not used to seeing other cultures. That's it. Although you may not have "committed some big lifetime mistake", fact of the matter is: you're Indian. I really hate this about people. You Indian people are great...you really are. It's just the accents and stuff that Americans can't take. People will put you down and be mean to you during your bumpy ride in the US, but remember you're not alone. Some Americans are nice (but not all of them) Take care.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen245 View Post
Just out of curiosity

What reason do you: LynnePatrice

and you: Alex07860

have for being so incredibly "mean" toward the OP? What's he done to you that's causing you to be so hateful?

I completely agree with you:

Apparently the process(es) for obtaining licenses are different here than they are in India...and in Germany, England, Italy, Canada, Mexico, etc. As a newcomer, the OP really can't be expected to be familiar with the laws of every state in the country. It's not like you are.

As "white trash" I gotta admit: some people are just too "smart" to accept change. People like you: Alex07860 and LynnePatrice really degrade "white trash" like you and me.

As if you've never failed your road test.

It really disheartens me to see people like you. Live in your own fairy-tale world where white people are the best and the rest are scum.
There was nothing "mean" in anything that I said, if anyone felt hurt or insulted that was not my original intent, however I stand by what I said. Everyone's entitled to their own feelings about the subject and I expressed mine in my usual manner which is thru sarcasm and cynicism. If that doesn't translate in either hindu or white trash talk, then that's a lost in translation issue. Some folks need to get off the politically correct soap box and stop treating every statement as either racist or immigrant bashing, too much senstivity going on, may I suggest a thicker skin.

P.S. I never failed any road test and I've been driving since I was 15 and also, I'm not white either.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,305 times
sir,
I am coming from india last month on F2 visa status and i have international licence so its valid or not for driving in US?what is the prosissor for getting new jersey US licence and which document require for that?please answere me asap.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:34 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parag20780 View Post
sir,
I am coming from india last month on F2 visa status and i have international licence so its valid or not for driving in US?what is the prosissor for getting new jersey US licence and which document require for that?please answere me asap.
State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey